Not sure if I should just break this off?

My boyfriend and I have been together now for 2 years. He's 3 years younger than me, which I think contributes to some of our problems. Generally, when we are together things are OK, sometimes great even. However, we have very different styles of communication. I like to communicate fairly frequently (even when I'm busy) and see each other often. My view is, he's very important to me, so I make time for him no matter how busy I am (and I'm a grad student so I'm kind of always busy).
The problem is, he is much less busy than I but seems to be the one who is overwhelmed all the time and thinks our communication is too much sometimes (he said today he thinks I demand 24/7 attention, which I definitely don't think could possibly be true- there are days when I can't contact him for the entire day until the evening because of school/work stuff). It's getting to the point where my self-esteem has taken a serious hit because he seems to not care about putting in as much effort as I am. To make matters worse, he just started waiting tables (which is great that he has a job) with a lot of attractive females. I feel constantly paranoid and just really low, like he's just going to leave me after all of the time and effort I put in.
But then I also consider why am I wasting all of this time and effort on him, when there are other much more mature men and I deserve way better?

Is this worth talking out and salvaging or should we just call it a day?

02