My girlfriend recently broke up with me, saying that we are both on separate chapters in our life, and she says that I need to focus on my path?

She is a Jr in highschool and I'm a freshman at a local community college so its not like we are far away, she says that I need to focus on my life, and. That i need to move on, we have been dating 5 months, yesterday she said that we need to take a few weeks break, then later that day she said she wanted to kiss and dance with me, even asking me to a dance, today she said that we shouldn't keep seeing each other beings we are both on desperate chapters on our life, she said that this is goodbye, but she also said that I can see her Friday, what should I do?
  • should i pursue her
  • should i let her go
She also says she still loves me
Update I forgot to put in, we got caught by her parents sneaking out, and her parents don't wantus to see eeach other that is when this all started

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, it is totally possible, and not uncommon, for someone to still love their significant other and break up with them. This girl seems to care for you (hence her wanting to see you and saying she wants to kiss you etc.), but she obviously feels that something is keeping her from you. Personally, I think you should let her go, or at least tell her that she needs to decide what she seriously wants before she completely breaks it off or goes back with you. It isn't fair to you to see her and hear from her all the time if she isn't in it 100% Good luck :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I can't believe how many stories like this there are lately. Mine and my gf is similar confusion and fear.
    I say she's confused about something aka scared of something. Her heart says she loves you and want's to be with you but her brain is in overdrive complicating something and then because of all the over thinking she's trying to run away from her thoughts. You can see this with very emotional reactions like she wants to dance and stuff like that but her brain is seeing complications about something.
    Now remember women are very determent creatures and they frequently decide to go against what they feel and go with their brains. Witch isn't good for anybody! But the good thing about it is that it's really really hard to do that. So my advice would be if you really love her then don't give up. You might not succeed because she might be that determined but at least you'll know that you've give it all you had.
    Just don't do anything stupid (I did and I lost her and still don't know where we stand) and be upfront that you're still pursing her. Sometimes you have to play some stupid games to get her back but it's all weird and I still haven't figured out why this is done and exactly when to play stupid mind games for them to work.
    I really wish you good luck with getting her back if that's what you want.