My girlfriend recently broke up with me, saying that we are both on separate chapters in our life, and she says that I need to focus on my path?

She is a Jr in highschool and I'm a freshman at a local community college so its not like we are far away, she says that I need to focus on my life, and. That i need to move on, we have been dating 5 months, yesterday she said that we need to take a few weeks break, then later that day she said she wanted to kiss and dance with me, even asking me to a dance, today she said that we shouldn't keep seeing each other beings we are both on desperate chapters on our life, she said that this is goodbye, but she also said that I can see her Friday, what should I do?
  • should i pursue her
    Vote A
  • should i let her go
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
She also says she still loves me
Update I forgot to put in, we got caught by her parents sneaking out, and her parents don't wantus to see eeach other that is when this all started

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, it is totally possible, and not uncommon, for someone to still love their significant other and break up with them. This girl seems to care for you (hence her wanting to see you and saying she wants to kiss you etc.), but she obviously feels that something is keeping her from you. Personally, I think you should let her go, or at least tell her that she needs to decide what she seriously wants before she completely breaks it off or goes back with you. It isn't fair to you to see her and hear from her all the time if she isn't in it 100% Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I can't believe how many stories like this there are lately. Mine and my gf is similar confusion and fear.
    I say she's confused about something aka scared of something. Her heart says she loves you and want's to be with you but her brain is in overdrive complicating something and then because of all the over thinking she's trying to run away from her thoughts. You can see this with very emotional reactions like she wants to dance and stuff like that but her brain is seeing complications about something.
    Now remember women are very determent creatures and they frequently decide to go against what they feel and go with their brains. Witch isn't good for anybody! But the good thing about it is that it's really really hard to do that. So my advice would be if you really love her then don't give up. You might not succeed because she might be that determined but at least you'll know that you've give it all you had.
    Just don't do anything stupid (I did and I lost her and still don't know where we stand) and be upfront that you're still pursing her. Sometimes you have to play some stupid games to get her back but it's all weird and I still haven't figured out why this is done and exactly when to play stupid mind games for them to work.
    I really wish you good luck with getting her back if that's what you want.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• It's probably best to let her go. I don't say this to be unsupportive or anything, but she's a junior and about to go to college. She could go away to another college and you don't know what the future holds.

She also sounds like she might just want both of you to focus on school. If things are meant to be, they usually find a way back into your life. So all it's all good. ♡ Just stay positive and do things you enjoy to take your mind off things.

0|0
    0|0
  • You love her? Yes or no?

She loves you? Yes or no?

Can you both work with the things you've got in the relationship? yes or no?

Only you can answer this. If all questions have a yes answer, then work on the relationshp (if she's willing), if not, then sorry. but it seems like she still wants to be a part of your life so do you want to just be her friend? If you cannot handle being friends with an ex, then don't. Completely your choice. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • You've only been dating 5 months but it sounds like she's not into the relationship. She wants to let you down lightly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let her go...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, iStrongly Suggest Not Going To See Her, You Will Still Be High In Feelings & It Will Hurt, You Need Time Out To Self Heal, Believe Me It's For The Best. You Can't Force A Relationship So Dont Even Try...

0|0
    0|0
  • Make it easier for both of you and separate - it doesn't sound like you two have good long-term prospects, and that will play out. Don't waste your time - you're gonna be near a greater concentration of women your age than you'll ever experience again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having gone through a similar situation I can understand. I dated someone who was preparing for college and she had to move to get the college she wanted and it was like... 3 hours away.

We had to split. It may not make sense now for you but it will when you keep going through college seeing people pursue things. Many people don't date in college (thus leading to lots of NSA sex for some) because they want to 100% focus on getting high grades for things like tuition bonuses and a good GPA to get the school choices they want.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes