Girlfriend has serious resentment towards me?

Well to start it all off--

Me and my girlfriend went through a rough patch. We were saying for a year and a half and everything was going perfect. Up until the middle of our relationship I was the perfect boyfriend. But then jealousy reared it's ugly head. I started getting insecure and jealous over the most random things which led to an unbelievable amount of fighting and then ultimately breaking up. She gave me some bs excuse that she needed to find herself which was fine. I gave her the space she needed. We still kept in contact regularly because we were best friends before and after the break up.

Neither of us went to anyone else or moved on, we both were and still are in love with each other.

Here we are 7 months after the break up. Everything is going perfect and we are happy as we can be. But she's worried about going back out with me because she thinks I haven't changed. She has serious depression problems and the fighting puts an emotional toll on her that she has serious trouble dealing with.

Everytime I have a dull look on my face or im too quiet she automatically assumes that I'm pissed and she will put her guards up automatically. Me and her came to the conclusion that she has a lot of resentment towards me. She doesn't know how to control it or stop it. Any advice would be very helpful.

Side note: I haven't been getting jealous about anything. I've been staying strong and in a sense I am the same person she first started dating. No fighting or jealousy. She just doesn't want to get into a relationship with me because of this. I need help.

Thanks

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• Well I guess the only way for a relationship to happen is if you can somehow show her that you've changed. She puts up her guards because of past experience, and someone telling you they've changed doesn't mean shit until they can prove it. Even then, she may still put up her guards out of instinct. It could take time before that stops happening though, especially when you take her depression into account. I don't know what things would trigger the jealousy and insecurity, so it wouldn't be right for me to suggest something specific to do to show her that you've changed. What I will suggest is that aside from showing her that you've changed, ask her if there's anything you can do to help things go back to the way they were at the start of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes