Do I have a shot at getting back together with her?

My ex and I have been broken up for two months now. At first it was hard but I think both of us have gotten over the sadness. After the break up I tried to get back together with her I didn't beg or do crazy things, I just tried to convince her we should meet. She refused both times. After that I stopped trying. We have the same friends group so we want to remain friends. We've Been having a hard time staying friends she's always been getting mad at me and trying to make me jealous. Then after she denied all of it. We've had a few arguments here and there mainly because of her finding reasons to be mad at me then later saying it was all because she thinks it's weird being around me. She then told me she's been having a hard time at home and she's been really irritated lately. Well I decided to call her last night and check up on her we talked she gladly opened up to me and told me all about what happened at home. We spoke. for like 45 minutes she never seemed to want to hang up. We talked about not fighting anymore, random things and then I told her I was tired and went to bed. We ended on a really good note and hopefully it stays like that. After two months I still want to be with her. I've been working out, I'm happy again. I've had time to think and I still honestly think we can work if we try again. We broke up because she wanted to be single since she hasn't been that way for a while. We fought while we were together towards the end because we were always stressed out with home life. She refused to get back together because she was sure if we did it would be a repeat of the previous relationship with all the fights. How can I get her back over time, and get her to fall back into love with me without scaring her away?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Now my answer is long winded so you have to bear with me while I go off on tangents, but I just copied part of my post from another question because I think it fits well here too:

But anyway, the solution, proven to work so far, I kept myself constantly busy with work, friends and playing games overnight when no one was there to distract me, soon my obsession subsided but the feelings are still there, after about 6 months we started to talk again over coffee, about fun we have had while we were apart, which turned into fun we used to have together, keep each meeting short and don't show too much interest, maybe meet once a fortnight at first and never place blame of the breakup while you talk, it's ok to admit where you went wrong, she will see you are learning, soon it turned into her inviting me to hers instead of going out for coffee, and it has even gotten to the point where we have had a kiss on the odd occasion, but don't let it get to your head, it's just a kiss and she may still be cautious that you will go back to how you are now, I for one know there's still a long way to go, I hope you can understand
    understand the basic points of my drawn out rant, and hope it helps, you will have to work hard but with a lot of patience, self confidence and control you can make it work. All of which can not be faked

• Thanks for the advice, I did mange mistakes at first and only acted out of self interest. But I stopped that and started thinking with my head. I'm not going to force anything. I have to re build a friendship with her and respect her feelings, regain her trust. I need to prove to her I've grown up and changed. It's going to take time but hopefully eventually I'll get to where you got where we're both ready to try again

• I just with my ex and now I'm re considering the whole thing, She ignored me at all costs and only spoke to my other guy friends. She kept on acting like a horny slut with them even though they weren't trying anything. I sat there speechless and now I'm just angry trying yo hold myself back from messaging her something stupid. If that's who she is now a slut that won't even give me eye contact then I'm done. Im not even going to hang out with her

• Well the good news is, she's still into you, if she wasn't then she wouldn't go to that much effort in an attempt to make you jealous, or at least get some kind of emotional response.
      The better news is, you're on the right track to getting over her and on with your life, she will be the one left wanting if that's the way she behaves