What character trait, in your opinion, is the biggest cause of relationships ending? Please support or give evidence for your thought?

I know EVERYONE is different and relationships end for multiple reasons but trying to determine if there is a consistent or common reason. Thanks to all in the GAG community.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Dishonesty, once trust has been broken it is very hard to get it back. If you can't be open and honest about what you like, dislike , feel the relationship doesn't have a very good chance at all. Everyone has problems and arguements but I respect someone who is honest even if I don't agree with them on something.

What Girls Said 4

• Selfishness, not being willing to share the time you have with the person you claim to love

• I'd go with dishonesty. Being in a relationship with total honesty about how you feel, what you want or like or anything else can build an incredible trust and that is such a great thing to have. Trusting that if the other person has an issue they'll tell you is something anyone would love to have provided you're willing to help and listen to your partner in the relationship. If you can trust someone then regardless of whether you're compatible as a couple, being able to trust each other is so great. I don't see why to people who trust each other even if they just weren't right for each other, couldn't remain friends if they were honest about how they felt and why it wouldn't work.

• Unresolved trauma, lack of communocation

• Dishonesty.

What Guys Said 2

• As a male i've ditched women who will not let go of a debate until they're thoroughly convinced they've been heard. It's bad enough if it lasts 30 minutes, but i've seen it re-emerge out of the blue after days. This has become so pervasive over the years that now when i sense a woman wants to contest me on something i clearly do not intend to change i politely escort her to the door, close it behind her, and cease caring whether she lives or dies.

• Contempt for your partner.
    Lack of trust has many causes. Paranoia and insecurity are big ones, but so is unresolved trauma, break down of communication, insufficient sex.
    Sexual incompatibility would be key as well.

Hard to say which is "biggest".