Should I break up with him? torn?

basically to try to keep it short, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now and we're at our breaking points. We're both 20.
he'a broken up with me twice because of him not wanting to do what it takes to be in a relationship. he's told me that we act "married" because we sleep in the same bed every night even though I didn't think it's a problem. Whenever a disagreement surfaces, he basically says "well maybe I'm not meant to be in a relationship" instead of trying to understand my point of view of stuff that hurts me.
Maybe I thought that we could actually be something. At this point, I can't even see myself being with him too much longer because I don't feel like I mean much to him anymore. Whenever I try to talk about something that bothered me, he gets mad and gets an attitude when all I try to do is talk to him.
I really love him and would love for it to work but I don't know what to do in order for us to stay together.
Is there any advice I could get to try and fix things or what should I do?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex broke up with me over something like that we are both in high school but we don't talk or anything. He couldn't do because of commitment issues and schoolwork and didn't want to put "the work" into the relationship so he broke up with me and left me confused. By reading your question and the summary it doesn't sound like you are happy at all in your relationship. I would say pack your bags and move on. I understand you may love him a lot and you want to stay with him. But being stuck in a place where you don't belong is like being stuck in quicksand you are just begging for a way to get out. Relationships are like glass its better to leave them broken to put the pieces back together. I tried so many times to work it out with my ex but it just wasn't clicking. He started drinking like last summer and since then he has changed so much its like I don't even know who he is anymore. Sometimes you have to realize when its time to walk away or stay and try harder. And even if you did try your hardest and it still isn't working then maybe you should reconsider being with him. My ex and I had arguements to over text messaging actually, and him not trying to make the relationship work it was always me doing all the work. He was douche bag and treated me like dirt. Something tells me he doesn't want to put work into the relationship. If I were I would leave him because you might end up unhappy if you keep staying with him. Since my ex broke up with me I've pretty much healed I mean it wasn't easy but it was worth it. I was weak in my knees but all that is gone. I don't talk to him say a single word to him because he doesn't deserve me and I deserve him. And your bf doesn't deserve you and you don't deserve him. You deserve better much much better. Don't be afraid to walk away I mean you might lose someone you love but you might me someone even better, you never know. Listen to your heart it will tell you which way to go.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Professional Unlicensed Opinion, Anytime Your Unhappy In A Relationship It's Best To Let It Go (After You Told Your Significant Other & They Done Nothing To Fix It.) It Will Be Hard But It's For The Best, Trust Me, Cut All Contact Afterwards Also...

• If he's constantly guilt tripping you like that and he's giving you that attitude when you try to talk to him than I'll say the relationship isn't healthy anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should break up with him. Neither one of you are getting what you want or don't want from each other.