Online flirting got me in trouble?

Hi guys I need advise. I starting dating this guy online 3 wks ago. We hit it off and we have been seeing each other regularly and he had already started developing feelings fir me. I had asked him if he was still logging in to date other women and he said no, so i told him i didn't either and that i would be cancelling my membership. A couple of days ago i logged in to cancel and remove my membership but i started scrolling throw the list of men who had sent me messages and when i saw his profile i noticed he had new pic posted so i thought to myself, so he is still logging in and who knows maybe dating other women. So i didn't cancel and instead started reading my messages. Today he asked me if there was a reason why i was accessing his acct and i told him i had accidently done it when i was reading measages. So he flipped out saying that i was lying and to stop making up stories as he doesn't like to play games or gerring surprises. Thing is when i told him i hadn't access my profile i really hadn't so technically i never lied to him - he said that if i would've been upfront with him he would have been prepared for it. He said he wasn't sure this could be fixed and/or if he would get over it and he cancelled our dinner date. I am totally devastated because i had already started developing feelings for him. I asked him if we could meet in person but he said no because he didn't want to see me and wasn't sure he wanted to continue dating me. I am so heartbroken. What can i do to have him reconsider his decision? I told him I would call him tomorrow and he said he wasn't sure he would answer my call. Pleas help 😩

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He is a very emotional man who is already unfaithful even before things got serious.

Be glad you found this out before you developed more feelings for him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Unfaithful is a strong word but deceptive YES. And he is very emotional.

• Show All
    • I know... Trust me I do. It's hard to just sever them. In the future, try and listen to your gut feeling. it might take some time to become in tune with it... But it will save you from future heartache for sure.

• Thank you for most helpful. I wish you the best in the future.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like he wants you to be available to him but still wants to keep his options open. If you two become exclusive then let him know that it's a two way streak. If you get rid of your account he should as well. If he doesn't want to then I'd start looking for someone else.

2|0
    0|0
    • You are right. I was going to ask him about becoming exclusive but i never got the chance because this happened. I'll give him a day or 2 if he isn't receptive i will move on, sadly but i have to.

• Haha fucking old losers. It's totally normal to consider other offers. The fact that neither of you are ok with that just goes to show that only losers do online dating.

0|0
    1|0
  • @ihav2fart i think im in trouble.-.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• " I had asked him if he was still logging in to date other women and he said no..."
    "when i saw his profile i noticed he had new pic posted so i thought to myself, so he is still logging in..."

He's lying to you already, so why are you feeling so guilty? If you gave him your legitimate excuse, what was his for logging in and changing his profile picture? He sounds like he raged in some sort of defense because he knows he's up to something and feared getting caught so he shifted all the blame on you. Not sounding like such a great guy. First this, then what? I can only see he'll be too much trouble since he can't even be honest with you about simple stuff.

1|0
    0|0
    • What you said went through my mind too. Maybe he is up to someting and is fearful of getting caught. His excuse for the change of profile pic was that his original pic had his friend on it with himand his friend asked him to remove him, of course i thought to myself yeah sure buddy...

• Yeah right. In his case it should have been removed with NO replacement, or better yet his profile should have been removed. There's holes in that excuse, so no, I'm not buying that. You did nothing wrong. You went to delete your profile of all things and saw his change. If anyone should be feeling like a schmuck it's him. And three weeks is hardly anything to miss. If he's already showing dishonest behaviour, who knows what other sites he's on. Don't feel bad, thank yourself that it took a short time and he isn't going to lie to you anymore. He'd have to do something outstanding for me to think he's worth it, like remove his whole profile and beg your forgiveness for being a jerk about it all, AND admitting fault. But if not, it's a sign of what you're in for in this relationship.

• He is such a drama queen! It doesn't matter if you have feelings for this guy you can get over those feelings easily. Just don't contact him for 60 days and then alms forgotten.

He sounds overtop and unreasonable, do u really wanna be with a drama queen? Move on girl.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes