Do you believe that a person does not know what they have until they are gone or that they just never thought they would lose it?

I have had 2 ex boyfriends say that I was the best they ever had and they did not realize it until I was gone. My most recent ex I believe this from him, but the other I think he knew I was too good to him he had me where he wanted or so he thought and never would believe that I would get tired of being hurt and never come back but he was in for a shock of his life. Sometimes people get comfortable they stop doing the things that they did to get a person and keep them that is how you will lose your man or woman. When a person gives you a second chance it's because they don't want to lose what they have. Which one do you believe?
  • You don't know what you have until it's gone.
  • You know what you have, but just don't think you will ever lose it.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Both thoughts are exclusive, one states that an individual is concious the other is one is living in a land of lack of common sense. Both are similar in that they lack gratitude.

If you want to find a man worth anything look at how he is grateful but the problem is that a grateful man is normally not alone, unless he wants to be alone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "If you want to find a man worth anything look at how he is grateful but the problem is that a grateful man is normally not alone, unless he wants to be alone. " Interesting way to put it. I have learned that whoever appreciates what they and reciprocates is worth keeping even though I have not met that guy yet, I know what to look for and my tolerance level.