When do you know you are ready to move on from your past relationship?

This guy I was dating decided to end things with us after he heard a false rumor about me. It's been 3 weeks since and my heart still aches. I stopped crying after I had my major break down because I was so stressed out that I couldn't take it anymore. I lost weight because I couldn't eat. I turned my phone off for a week and just forgot the world. I still had to go to work and kept my mind busy.

But now I'm doing a little better each and every day. I have realized that he didn't deserve me because I know if he cared about me the way he said he did, he wouldn't of just walked away after hearing this false rumor about me. Instead he believed random people. I kind of accepted that, but It still hurts. I fell hard for this guy and we weren't even official yet.

So Friday nights, my best friend and I go out and dance and have a few drinks. She keeps pointing out guys that I should go talk too, but honestly I don't think I'm ready and it's driving my crazy!

Help! I know its going to take sometime but how long?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• The time required to 'move on' varies for each person. In your case, you may need some more time. I'd suggest you don't rush things now, and take it slow. Once you feel that you have moved on, then you can plan your next move. Until you get this feeling yourself, just don't do stuff which you wouldn't want to, even if your well wishers say so (like in the case of your friend).

Most Helpful Girl

• When you stop wondering if you're ready, then you're ready.