Why do I feel this way after he broke up with me?

My boyfriend and I went out for almost 9 months, and then he broke up with me, saying he needed to get himself straight and that we should just be friends, at least for now. I had a break-down about that, and cried for about 3 days after that, but now its been a week since then and I feel completely different. I don't really miss him, and I feel extremely free and able to do way more. People around me say that I'm way happier now then I was before we broke up, and I feel the same way. I loved him like hell, so I don't understand why I am feeling this way? I still care about him, but at the same time I don't feel the urge to try and fix stuff like I have with other relationships. I feel completely calm, relaxed, free and I think I'm really enjoying being single. If I loved him tho, why don't I miss him or feel heartbroken like I felt right after the break up or the way I felt after other breakups?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Gna throw out a guess of what Ur life was while you were together, cuddling, kissing, watching movies, rarely going out, seeing friends or having any time apart, a lot of relationships are like that and a lot of people think they're happy living like that, all you need is him right? Truth is everyone needs time to do your own thing, now you have that space, you see all your friends you didn't have time for and can do what you want, truth is the relationship was holding you back as much as it was him

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's better to be alone than with someone who brings you down. You realize on some level that you are better off without him.