Married People: How many breakups/divorces have you experienced in your life so far?

Was the person you married your first love, or did you have to go through like 10 breakups to find them?

Let's see what polls say!

• Exactly Zero
  • Exactly One
  • 2-4
    Vote C
  • 5-9
    Vote D
  • 10+
    Vote E

02

Most Helpful Guy

• I had one girlfriend back in high school, but it didn't last very long. I also had some "internet girlfriends" when I was very young, but I think those would hardly qualify. I'm thankful that I only went through one break-up before I found the lady who would end up becoming my wife :)

• You can have an internet girlfriend? How? How do you get an internet girlfriend? Just wondering...

• Internet girlfriends aren't always the most fulfilling of relationships. The ones I entered were generally the girl asking me to be her internet boyfriend, and thus we were an "item," but really, in name only. Like a lot of internet people you meet, they quickly faded away. They hardly qualified as relationships. I wonder if maybe those were just a fad back in the late 90's days of AOL.

Anyhow, there's no specific way you "get" a girlfriend, like picking up bread and milk at the store. Just be friends with a girl, talk with her, and see if either of you end up developing romantic feelings, even minorly. I should strongly caution you to NOT immediately think of the girl as "relationship material," because that is jumping the gun. You should be in a relationship with someone you can comfortably hang out with, either in or out the context of a romantic relationship.

I hope that's helped :)

• Yeah, I was kind of making that mistake. Actually, having a crush is kind of making that mistake because you make them out to be this great person when you don't know them. Having a crush is different then just thinking a girl is cute, I have noticed. When you think a girl is cute and are willing to date her, you don't get those nervous feelings like you do with your crush.