Guys: am I permanently friend zoned?

My ex and I are still friends, we work together, we've lived together, we've made it through a lot together. He I think is ready to move on, he's told me there's no feelings, that he doesn't see me that way anymore. But is going to continue putting effort in, that I am the most important person in his life. I still have feelings, I still get jealous, it sucks because we are close friends I don't want to feel that way and it is shitty to just put my feelings aside and know he truly has none. That is respectable, however, we are both young, 21, he's only really ever dated 2 girls, been more of a hangout sexually temporarily kind of guy when he was younger and then turned into a not interested in anyone even sexually not worth the effort kind of guy.. So him putting effort into me is a great sign, however I do, in the back of my head, want this friendship to if possible turn into more... But I am afraid I am friend zoned for good. I'd rather have a friend over nothing but I truly love the guy. How should I go about it? I don't want to say anything because it could ruin our friendship. Half the reason he doesn't have feelings anymore is cuz he feels I still want to date him
And he can't give me that he says. So even though he's right, it still makes me feel bad and I am confused, have I been permanently friend zoned? Or have I passed the "too important to lose can't date cuz it's temporary" line so he cut me off? Or he did lose feelings and I just have to deal. Any input?

11