Would you leave your partner if he/she got very ill and it would cause their appearance to change?

I was reading a magazine where there was a lot of stories from reader who's partner had left them because they got ill.
In few the woman got breast cancer, breasts were removed and hair left and so did the man because he though she didn't look hit or feminine anymore and she would never "return" the way she was before she got ill.

And a lot of people here say that attraction is important in a relationship. Yeah, but is attraction just boobs, hair, muscles and certain weight? Would you dump your partner if he/she got very ill and thats why might gain weight or loose hair etc?
  • I would dump my partner
    Vote A
  • I would stay and support partner
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't never will, my emotional connection with her and love for her will always be same no matter what changes occur, leaving her is just not my way of love

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• As much is we say that we would stay many people leave for many reason. “love is unconditional. Relationships are conditional”. This is true. When serious illness strikes or circumstances change you want someone to stay, but not out of pity or duty. If my partner does not want to be there because I'm not the man she fell for then I understand. Interesting question. The kind you really can't answer until you are in that situation

1|0
    0|0
  • I married my wife 13 years ago for better or worse sick and in health if she got sick and disfigured she still be beautiful cause she would and always will be my beautiful bride

2|0
    0|0
  • If My Love Is True For Her iWouldnt Leave The Relationship For ANY Reason...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend & I both ride motorcycles, I guess it's just a mutual understanding that anything could happen to either of us at any given time.. We could lose limbs, have missing skin, etc... the connection is there mentally still, even after someone's appearance changes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would stay and support. That is love is for. I would not be with him just because of his looks anyway.
    I would want him to feel that way. Not because he has to do. Because he would want to.
    Again, difficult question... you never know before getting into such situation. I hope we never have to figure out the answer though.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would stay with him no matter what illness he had, and no matter what it caused him to look like. I love him so much, even if he became a quad, was severely burned, etc; I would stay with him. He's the best thing to ever happen to me and has been with me through so much, that I could never imagine leaving him for such a petty reason. He has a twisted artery in his brain and we talked about him having surgery because he is always in agonizing pain. The survival rate for the surgery is really low, and if he lived he may be bed-ridden and scarred. I know his appearance wouldn't be change a whole bunch but he would be changed as a person completely, but we came to an agreement that I would but willing to take care of him for the remainder of my life and I don't care what happens to him physically, as long as I get to stay by his side.

2|0
    0|0
    • True love right here :)

Recommended myTakes