Feelings for a married man! Advice?

Anyone ever had an affair with a married man in which you fell in love with? How did it end? My guy has only been married for a year but I love him. I wish I didn't fall for him because of want us together and not him with the wife. Why is he cheating anyway? Is he not happy? I have tried telling him that we have to end but he won't let it go. Anyone been in this situation that can offer their advice?
Updates:
I'm really feeling bad because I saw him Friday and we texted a few times Saturday but Sunday he sent me a GM text and I never replied; but I haven't heard for him since. Normally he will keep texting me but he didn't this weekend

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The honorable thing for you to do, would be to break off the cheating and tell his wife about the whole thing. At least in my opinion.

3|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh no. I would never tell his wife, that's not my place; besides, what will that change? She won't leave him because I'm sure she loves him and they have a child together

• Show All
    • Again agreed :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, if he's with you because he's unhappy- then you've got a problem. If he's with you because he likes the thrill of the 'other woman'- you've got a problem. If he's with you because "you're the one soulmate that he just met too late- you've got a problem. Because no mater what happens- if he leaves his wife or stays with his wife. The damage is already done. You'll be upset if he leaves because he'll be dealing with mountains of guilt or be upset that he let down his family and no longer has the friendship of his wife. And if he stays with his family- you'll be upset that he's still with his wife. So it's going to be hard- but the easiest way is to leave.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Either way I have a problem!!! Ughhh

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• STAY AWAY, the world has 7.2 billion people... there are many who are single and all different in many ways... think of it this way, you cause pain to another mans wife but every night you pray and ask God for a good man, will he give you that?

3|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You're being an idiot. Remove yourself from that situation as quickly as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hands off. This my advice.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Leave him. There is nothing good for you there. Married man stays with his wife. You get hurt. A decent guy never puts you in such situation. Think about it.

2|2
    0|0
    • You think she is decent? She knowingly allowed him to cheat - she's just as guilty as him

• Show All
    • I am definitely not happy with this situation. Like I mentioned, I have already tried yo leave him alone but my feelings are involved which makes it hard.

• If you really love this man, you will leave him. Because love doesn't hurt anyone including marriages. It doesn't really matter, he loves you. You love him to etc. Put yourself into his wife s shoes. What this would make you feel? Leave him. If he really values, he will return you as a single man.

• WALK AWAY. There is no other good advice. If he's willing to cheat on his wife, after just one year or marriage the I doubt he's going to treat you any better. Change your number, delete his and just don't ever talk to him again. Go find a man that can give you his all and who you don't have to share.

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't matter if I change my number, he knows where I live. I tried ignoring him and blocking him before and he showed up to my house claiming he missed me

• Then tell him if he doesn't leave you alone you'll tell his wife, you'll send all the texts he's sent you in to her, you'll tell her all the times he snuck off to meet you etc etc... that should get him to back off.

• Stay away from married men I know it's hard but at the end of the day no matter what he tells you, you're just his play thing and he's never gonna leave his wife for you because men like that love the security of a wife but they could never be faithful to her. They're conceited and arrogant and will never change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore that below, you didn't wreck a home. He did. For what ever reason he stepped out on his wife, and made his own choices.

What's concerning is the lack of respect he has for you and the lack of respect you have for yourself. He hasn't tried to hide his marriage from you so he obviously felt that you would be the kind of woman who would be comfortable being an add-on or second place (side chick). He also told you that he won't leave his wife (that he obviously doesn't actually love), so you know that you're not good enough to leave his wife for.

Think of it this way
    You're not his wife.
    You're not his girlfriend.
    You're his mistress.
    And no one in this thinks that you deserve better.

3|0
    0|0
    • She knew he was married yet still allowed him to cheat on his wife with her. She participated in wrecking someone's home -she's not the innocent party

• Show All
    • Maybe you're into condoning things like this but not me. Women like her wreck people's home. He's not a child but neither is she - she could have ended things/refused him she didn't.

• I agree she knew exactly what she was getting herself into she's as bad as he is in some ways

• Disaster. He just wants extra ass. He could be in love with you too but it won't amount to anything. Men don't like to leave their wives tbh. It feels like failure to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's taken. Back off. You're too late. Find yourself a single guy. If he cheats on his wife, what makes you think this slimy ass wouldn't cheat on your slimy ass as well?

0|0
    0|0
  • He's married was going to say leave him alone but looks like it you've already wrecked a home

0|0
    0|0
    • How did I wreck a home? He's still there

• Show All
    • It doesn't matter if I stop or not. If he wants to cheat, he will find another. My issue is that I have feelings involved

• Yes but then its his fault - you can stop it but u don't want to

• BACK OFF !! he's NOT YOURS !!!

1|0
    0|0
    • Well I want him with me

• I understand that. It sucks ass. Karma. If he wants you. He'll do everything in his power.

• You are right

• He won't leave his wife for you. If he leave her eventually he will do it to you too. Think about it. He don't love her enough to be faithful, then he dont deserve her and you either. Let him go.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sleeping with a married man is bad enough, but they have a baby. If I were you, I'd sit back and think, "What if my husband were the one cheating on me?" Would you want someone sleeping with your husband and having that poor baby grow up without their father? End it and never speak a word of it. Do the right thing.

1|0
    0|0
    • "poor baby grow up without their father"
      Sleeping with another woman is not an excuse to stop being a father.

• Ignore the weirdo who commented on your answer -I agree with you :)

Recommended myTakes