Ok I really need an answer to this before I drive myself mad, someone out there please give me your input this is driving me NUTS?

Long story short, my ex and I broke up about a month ago, he wanted to remain friends so I was "cool" about it, it came a point where I was hurt and couldn't help it and send him an email telling him my feelings i was shocked and he replied and told me he was hurt too, how he still wanted me in his life and hoped we hang out too and how he loved me, and how none of it was easy for him, ( the breakup) but then he tried to blame the breakup on me, so I didn't want to replied scared he was going to leave me with the words in my mouth, but I was told if I loved him to reply, so I did, and was nice and said what I had to say as to why I was the way I was towards the end and how I still loved him and cared for him and how
I wish we would even start as friends and see where it took us, but that I knew that wasn't going to happen, long story short as I expected he never replied... I can't get this out of my head, why wouldn't he reply? I feel stupid that I replied now,

02