Have you ever told someone to stop contacting you when really deep down inside you wanted to see them and speak to them?

This guy and I haven't spoken in months. We were seeing each other and I really liked him a lot, but he's bad for me. I want a commitment and he doesn't. He wanted to just be friends, but then wouldn't let me move on and date other guys, and then started to lead me on. After 2 years of him stringing me along, and me unable to date anyone, I cut him off 5 months ago. He has contacted me 3 times in the past 5 months. The last time he contacted me I told him to stop contacting me, I'm over him, I have no feelings for him anymore. Then I blocked his phone #.

But I've been so sad since because deep down inside I still love him and miss him so much. But I know he's bad for me. IT's like my heart wants him and is struggling to be with him, but my brain is like NO NO NO.

Has anyone felt like this? When does it get better?
  • yes
  • no

42

Most Helpful Guy

• I was going to say you are playing games with him, but after reading that, I would say you are right.

He isn't mature enough to be your mate. (I am talking about for life. Not a few months.)

He strings you on, yet acts jealous. Jealousy stems from an inability to fully dedicate himself to you, giving you his all- so he knows there's an emtpiness there- an emptiness he is afraid another man will fill. Big warning sign.

Every
    single
    one

of us enjoys attention. Especially if it's romantic. Even when we hate it- we enjoy it. It's flattering.

You miss that... That's all. There was nothing there. Your heart is playing games with you. It will do that. It's your heart.

They key is to listen to your instincts. Your gut. God gave them to you for a reason. They are NEVER wrong. Right now, they are saying, "What the heck are you doing? Dry those tears and move on! He'll only leave you hurt, and alone!" Which is true.

• Thanks so much. I thought that maybe if he came back and wanted a commitment only then will I give him a chance, but that hasn't been the case thus far. So I had that little hope that he would come back wanting to be with me for sure. But I guess you're saying I shouldn't bother ever with him?

• Thanks. You are right there are a few qualities that he has that I think would cause us many problems in the future. I'm just missing him so much that I keep forgetting those things.. it's like months later I still have the rose colored glasses on. or I didn't for a while but then he started contacting me again and it's brought me back to square one. Thanks for your help :)

• You will be okay, I promise. Be strong!