What is the best way to get over a good for nothing lying ex?

I think I'm over him. I mean like I still get upset and stuff but I'm able to eat again without getting sick and I don't really cry anymore. But what is the best way to get over an ex? I just want to make sure that this is over and done with.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Distract yourself and don't pay him any attention. it took me about 5 months to get over my ex we go to the same school together but we never talk or anything whatsoever. Plus he's changed a lot and started drinking and treated me like a dog. Just don't pay him any mind, just keep your head up and keep it moving. Don't cry its his loss not yours. You deserve to be treated with respect and love and you deserve someone that deserves you as much as you deserve them. Try to keep yourself busy and stay focused on your studies and hang out with your friends. I thought I'd never get over mind but I did it just took baby steps that's all. Take times just time let time take its place. Hang out with friends, go out and get out, distract yourself, go an adventure do and be with whoever makes you happy.

• Well.. This will sound really mean but when we first broke up I cried for about 3 days straight and I couldn't eat or anything. Well today I finally saw a picture of the girl he left me for and, as mean as it sounds, she is so unattractive I think I'm almost completely over him. Like this morning I saw him and I wanted to cry it was so bad and I almost threw up from being so upset. But when I was leaving school I got a text of the girls picture from a friend of mine. And well I have a very low self esteem. But this girl.. Makes me look almost like super model hot. Isn't that just terrible? I feel so bad about that but it's true. He really lowered his standards and for some reason it makes me feel better

• So are you over him for good? My ex just left me for no explanation so I'm just focusing on my studies and my schoolwork of course. I'm sorry you had such a hard time dealing with it but I hope it gets better for you. As long as you are happy that's all that matters. Don't let him see you cry if you see him just look away that's what I do. I always see my ex staring at me but I don't just break down and cry I stand tall and I don't pay him any attention. My self-esteem used to be low but it isn't anymore. I don't compare myself to my ex's new gf or whatever I just keep it moving and never look back. Plus he doesn't have a gf right now so it isn't any of my business. Usually when they do they are just trying to make you jealous.