I think my fiancé may be losing attraction?

We've been together for two years, he proposed to me on our one year anniversary. We've always had a great sex life, however we have a five month old daughter and our sex life is almost completely gone. I work nights and he has to be up by 6am so we don't see each other as much. For the past few months (and randomly throughout my pregnancy) he gets really distant. He'll come home from work and complain of being tired even though I'm the one who takes care of our daughter all night. He'll go on his ipod in the bathroom for at least 45 minutes, eat dinner/watch tv and go to bed. He doesn't so much as say one word to me or show any affection anymore. I worked my as* off to get in shape, I am even hotter now than before I had the baby. I've talked about this with him before and he promised he would try harder to show me affection but it only lasts for a few days and he goes back to doing whatever he wants. I feel like a single mom! I'm usually the one who initials sex, I try everything to spice things up and nothing works. I feel like I am the only one trying in our relationship and I don't know what to do. He tells me he loves me but I don't feel like he does anymore. What should I do? I really wanted to marry him, he is the one who wants more kids and to get married I never pressure him about it. However, I just feel ignored... I don't know if there is someone else? If he is bored with me? Is this normal? I can't spend the rest of my life feeling overlooked and taken for granted but I always want to give him another chance.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Speaking from experience I did the exact same thing your fiancé did. I'm not proud of it, and for the past 5 years it's haunted me.

We had a son together and for a good while after he was born I ignored her. I can't imagine what she went through and what you are going through.

The fact that that you are trying so hard and even got hotter and he is still ignoring you that's bad.

I'm not saying break up here. Far from it

What works with guys is "jealousy" go out with some co-workers. Post pictures on FB about the night out. Show him what he is missing out on. You can even take pictures with some guys. What I think guys do is once they've proposed they think their fiancé is set. But once you shown him that "maybe" some other guy is taking notice it might wake him up real fast

• Why did you ignore her? Did you ever talk to other girls when you did? And it's so hard to not want to see him, I come home from work and I'm excited to see him and talk. But I work everyday this week so I guess it'll be easier to ignore him and I'm trying to make plans for this weekend. I miss him I just don't get how he can come home from work, lay in bed, watch TV and have absolutely nothing to talk about. I tried initiating sex the last two nights, the first night he was "too tired" and last night he was watching football, he couldn't even get hard... I'm trying not to take it personally, I know I'm attractive but it is so hard when he doesn't acknowledge it.

• Thank you! We went to the gym together last night and he actually initiated sex. Your comment made me feel a lot better. I'm pretty sure he would never cheat but it just crosses my mind when he is distant/private. I love him, I will try to be more patient and make plans for myself

• Your welcome I'm happy it worked out for you :-)