How does stress effect girls feelings?

Ok, long story short.
The love of my life is going through a very stressfull time of her life. I am not gonna get into details, but new job and new school, and both are stressing her out a lot and there are a ton of new people in her life she needs to deal with.

Her feelings for me are now gone, and she needed to break up with me. I could tell her head was overloaded, and I felt very sorry for her. She "needed to be herself right now" because she couldńt handle anymore.
Was she happy about it? No... Was she sad about it? No...
She was basicly nothing...

She admitted she was completely in love with me. I was the love of her life. She even dreamed about moving in together and starting a life together. But now there was nothing. Nothing for anyone...
She told me she really really needed my friendship, and for me to support her through these times.
She hugged me 4 times just on my way out the door...
She keept teling me to keep in contact, but she understood if I needed time.

I had this very important interview at work, that has been underway for months. She told me "please text me how it went, ok?" - Well I "forgot" to write her... And the day after she texted me: "Hi, you didn't write yesterday, how did it go?

So girls:
My question for you: Have you been under so much stress, that your head pushed you feelings toward you BF aside? And maybe even neglect you friends, and only write short "yes/no" texts to them when they try to get in contact with you? What should I, as an ex boyfriend, do in this situration? Is she still thinking about me?

I've heard from a psychologist, that this is a very common reaction when stressed

52

Most Helpful Girl

• YES I HAVE !!! Fuck the no contact bullshit !! That's mind games. Let her know that know matter what she's going through and if she's to talk to any one you're the guy to call repeat CALL NOT TEXT. (But you should text her this ) Remind her of a situation that she once told her your feelings. Then leave it at that. There's nothing to say after that. Don't expect her to say anything because HER time right now is stressful. But during this time help better yourself for you !! If she wants you she'll come !! Good luck <3

• Nice to hear from someone who speaks from experience. You been through something like this?
      So what you are suggesting is the I dont do the No Contact, and stay in touch every now and then?

• Thanks...
      I think I am going to text her tomorrow. Just something casual, see if I can get a conversation going a little. Let her know I am here for her...

• Sounds good !! Goodluck !!