Is 8 months the deadline for love?

My boyfriend and i were dating for 8 months. He broke up with me and said "i just don't love you and i think that if i dont love you in 8 months then i never will." i want to know how a guy would feel. i believe that you can't put a time limit on love and that if you love spending time together then do so. love will hit you when it hits you and if you give up because you dont feel it yet then you could be missing out on something great. advice? help? i still love him and im going to talk to him today and i dont know what i should say that might alter his thinking! im very much inlove with him.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• you're right, there is no time limit or deadline when it comes to love. it will just happen. okay you say you're still in love with him but you don't wanna go back to him with that impression like "I still love you baby! please take me back!" don't go that route cause he left you after saying I don't love you anymore, that's harsh so if you want him back you're going to have to go through the obstacles of getting him to realize he made the biggest mistake of his life and he in fact does want you in his life. I don't think you could convince him by talking to him to want you back (barely possible IMO) because of how he left you.

• what do i do though? im going over there somtime this weekend to talk about things cause when he beoke up with me i froze. i couldnt say antrhing and i didnt. than the next day i texted him telling him that i just couldnt say anything and i would like to talk and he said "of course" what should i say to him?

• meeting him and talking to him won't change his mind, im sure of this. all you can do is just be the best you can be and basically move on without focusing on him in your life and then you just have to let him choose you instead of trying to win him back. those are the obstacles.

• ooh noice:D TYvM!:)

What Guys Said 4

• Love Has No Deadline, Well TRUE Love. He Broke Up With You So iDont Understand Why Your Meeting Him, Im Telling You When You See Him It's Gonna Hurt A Lot. If He Suggest Being Friends Dont Do It (At The Moment.) it's Impossible To Become Friends With Somebody Your Still In Love With So Dont Try. Take Time Out To Self Heal & Allow Your Feelings & Emotions To Settle. It Will Be Difficult At First But Over Time You Will Feel Better, It's For The Best...

• i did meet with him today and things went well. i feel a lot better. were not together but were going to be friends. not now. but when i fully get over it. thank you!

• If he claims he doesn't love you after 8 months and he hasn't loved you up to that point and will not love you as he has ultimately decided so, then he is not worth chasing, he doesn't respect you as a partner. Unfortunately, you need to move on.

But it's somewhat odd that he would just lead you on like this for such a long period of time.
    It's sad.

• i dont believe he led me on. i know he has feelings for me but just not "that" feeling. i just think that you can't put a time limit on love and that he is missing out big time.

• Commitment is also in the mind of the beholder. If he can't keep himself committed, then it's a lost cause.

• I've usually fallen in love within 4-6 weeks of things getting serious, when it's happened.

• I think you're right as well. But, it sounds like maybe your bf needs to mature a little. If he needs to go, then let him go.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly don't waste your time, I speak from experience. If he's breaking up with you then he obviously doesn't want to be with you, and do you honestly want to be with a guy that evidently thinks he's not going to fall in-love with you? I know its said so often but you do deserve better then that. We all do.

Remove him from your life as best you can. Don't make the mistake of trying to be friends.

Maybe once you're gone he will realise he made a terrible mistake, but maybe you'll realise he made a great one.

• He doesn't love you and he knows he won't. You can't make him. IT's better to move on than be with someone who doesn't love you