How can I do the no contact rule successfully?

My ex broke up with me and then we became friends. He still seemed to have feelings, but then broke off our friendship as well. He felt to block me through text because I may just beg for his friendship. So I panicked at first about that, but then he didn't block me on kik or Facebook. I still decided not to speak with him because I felt he was confused. Then three days later he unblocks me to tell me I can't contact his family because he is getting yelled at for it, although personally he was fine with it. Then he stresses how he is not being a jerk like he cared for my opinion. Then he kept me unblocked. He still hasn't casually spoken to me, but it's only been two weeks. Is there anything else I need to do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't be friends right out of a relationship. I went through this conversation with my ex and it doesn't work and she threw a fit about it. I would just move forward with your life and not look into this too much. When the right time comes, you guys can talk and see if friendship is an option. I would say his behavior isn't rational at this point anyway so moving forward is definitely best. Don't mess with people who are inconsistent like that, it messes with your mind and that's not something you need. Respect yourself and him and just do no contact. I would honestly recommend 90 days of no contact. I hope this helps and I'm sorry, as I know how this feels.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• no just ignore him and go on with your life. focus on you. he is the past, look towards the future, and enjoy each present day.

2|0
    0|0
    • Bertie -we meet again :)

• Show All
    • Well, everyone else said to focus on me and has some confidence he will come around. They said to give him space because he was at it with everyone the day he said he no longer wanted to be friends either. The difference was I am the only one he didn't curse out.

• either way at this point you don't have to include him in your life nor should you.

• I'm Going To Give You My Professional Unlicensed Opinion, Just Continue Doing Your Own Thing & Pretend He Was Never In Your Life From The Start, You Can't Have A Bright Future Still Messing With The Past...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Leave him be. Move on. You can do better

0|0
    0|0
    • We've known each other since childhood. The last time I moved on I was being treated like a whore by every guy.

• That is not an excuse chile !! Then don't settle for less. I'm here to give you advice if you want to be treated like this than be my guess but he is not good for you.

• Block him or delete him from everywhere

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes