How can I do the no contact rule successfully?

My ex broke up with me and then we became friends. He still seemed to have feelings, but then broke off our friendship as well. He felt to block me through text because I may just beg for his friendship. So I panicked at first about that, but then he didn't block me on kik or Facebook. I still decided not to speak with him because I felt he was confused. Then three days later he unblocks me to tell me I can't contact his family because he is getting yelled at for it, although personally he was fine with it. Then he stresses how he is not being a jerk like he cared for my opinion. Then he kept me unblocked. He still hasn't casually spoken to me, but it's only been two weeks. Is there anything else I need to do?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't be friends right out of a relationship. I went through this conversation with my ex and it doesn't work and she threw a fit about it. I would just move forward with your life and not look into this too much. When the right time comes, you guys can talk and see if friendship is an option. I would say his behavior isn't rational at this point anyway so moving forward is definitely best. Don't mess with people who are inconsistent like that, it messes with your mind and that's not something you need. Respect yourself and him and just do no contact. I would honestly recommend 90 days of no contact. I hope this helps and I'm sorry, as I know how this feels.