My ex dumped me 2 months ago because she didn't think I would make it as a lawyer, I told her to never contact me again, was I harsh or justified?

Me and my ex are both 20 she left me 2 months ago because she didn't think i was going to make it. Basically we are both at university i'm studying law and she is studying healthcare, due to lack of motivation i have lost my way a bit, i think having a girlfriend and an intense relationship like we had distracts me aswell. I have always been a straight A student i chose law because it interested me but once i started university i lacked motivation to attend class and revise for exams i found it difficult just adjusting to the work load and independence i the end i failed modules and had to repeat the entire first year.

This year it's gone better the fact that i had to repeat the year and lacked motivation has always bothered my girlfriend, she said she wanted to end things now because she doesn't believe i will make it in life, she thinks i won't make it in law and will be a dead beat husband which is absurd because as a bf i have never asked her and i looked after her took her out treated her etc so obviously i wasn't living of her.

Anyway so fundamentally that was the problem, she broke up with me once after a year came crawling back, i gave her a chance we got back together a month later she was breaking up with me for the reason about my lack of motivation, same thing happened for the 3rd time a moth later and now we have broken it of for good.

The funny thing is, she said if i end up making it in life and being successful she will hate herself because i'm perfect but she can't deal with the uncertainty about where i'm going etc, the funny thing i know my potential and who i am so i'm definitely going to make it no doubt so it's her loss.

I wrote this question to say regardless of all this i kind of miss her as a person but after writing all that and remembering all she did that has gone right out the window haha. We don't speak now anyway, the break up was quite bad i told her to never contact me again, did i make the right decision or was i harsh?

55

Most Helpful Girl

• You made the right decision.. I can't believe your ex did that to you, she sounds quite heartless, i assume now that you have more then enough to motivate you now to get you to your goal.. I dont know you personally but put your mind to it and you shall achieve.. Once you are where you want to be, i hope she sees you and the person you have become.. She will "hate herself" for sure, so to speak.. Who cares man.. I'm behind you in this 👍😏

• Hhaha that's the aim man i want achieve my goals just to prove her wrong, thanks a lot for your help.

• Haha your answer was really helpful out of all the answers it kinda helped the most especially the she will hate herself part haha i was reading it and was like HELL YEAH she will haha thanks alot.

Nice picture by the way you are very pretty and wise.

• Thank you lovely for the MH and the kind words 😉