Guys: if you loved a girl, would you really just walk away?

My Ex & I recently broke up. I've always been faithful throughout the entire relationship. I've even forgave him plenty of times when I found out he had done some untrustworthy things. During an argument I said some really mean things. Obviously, in the heat of the moment I didn't think, I just said stuff. I said something that he didn't like that I knew he didn't like but I was hurt and wanted him to feel like me. He broke up with me. I tried callimg, no response. Even when I reached out apologizing through texts, he has yet to respond. Its been over a week and Im heartbroken. I regret what I said and Im praying he will forgive me. Do you think he'll ever come around? Or even if he loves you, when a man is done, theyre done?

26

Most Helpful Girl

• let him be, i guess let him chill out for awhile. If he comes back to you it means he truly loves you and finally figured out that he needs you in his life !

What Guys Said 6

• There are some things that have the potential to cause a never going back situation. If you bring something like that up, I think the only way to come back from that is say that you meant none of it and said it purely for effect because wanted him to feel the pain you were feeling, apologise, etc.

• Do guys tend to stay mad for a long time?

• Depends it's a balance between how much they love you and how much you uspset them (and the person of course).

• Well let him know that you are sorry and then just go about your life working on yourself and what makes you happy without him.
    If he truly cares and loves you then he will forgive you.
    If he knows better then he will understand that people and mostly all women say mean things that they really don't mean. He will understand that you were upset.

• If He Truly Loves You Then Allow Him To Come Back On His Own, You Can't Force A Relationship Back Together...

• So in other words, I should leave him be... if it was meant, he'll come back on his own?

• He may or may not. Depends on the degree that you pissed him off. If it was very personal issue that you threw in his face it may be hard for him. Some words can never be taking back.

• That's so true... Ugh... I hate myself right now.

• I would only walk away if i thought there was nothing i could do and can't fix it... Trust me, it would hurt but it will hopefully be for the best

• It all depends on what was said & how pissed off I was. If she disrespected me enough times I could, would & have walked away. And yes, for the most part when a man is done, he is done.

If he misses you he might come back but if you keep contacting him you won't give him the chance to miss you. I would leave him alone & let him come back at his own pace when he cools down. He knows you feel bad & have apologized, now it's up to him.

• Yea, that makes sense.. I dont think Im giving him a chance to miss me because I keep contacting him. I guess, cause I miss him so much.

What Girls Said 1

• dear we all say and do things we regret later... no big deal
    but we only forgive those who we love more than words
    no matter what you said, doesn't he know that you are sorry... and asking for forgiveness by keeping your ego at a side...
    guys can be controlling sometime...
    if they say something, we are suppose to forgive because we love them... what about their love/
    why can't be they understand and take as human?
    just ask for apology for a week or twoo.. till you wil realize that he doesn't care
    stop putting blames on you...
    we all do mistakes... even he must have committed few...
    so be chill.. be human