Is it possible to get over your ex without dating?

Just looking for ways to keep my mind busy... I don't want to date either.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that's probably the best way to get over your ex. you gotta focus on yourself for a little while. i think it's good to have a break in between relationships, so you can really soak in what happened, and what was wrong with the relationship, and let your heart mend a little bit. just keep yourself busy. try to surround yourself with great friends and let them show you a good time. hone in on some of your skills and improve yourself. maybe if you have an old, lost, forgotten hobby you can get back into it and hone in your skills. or try to pick up a new hobby. thats a good way to meet new friends too!! i wish you the best

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Dating won't necessarily make you get over your ex faster. Dating just provides a distraction. There are other ways you can distract yourself. Find a new hobby or jump back into an old one. Take a class, go to the gym. Focus on building your confidence and self improvement.

None of these things will necessarily speed up the process (including dating if you choose to do so) but they'll help you feel better about yourself.

Don't feel bad if you take a while to get over your ex. The longer you were together, the longer it will take for your heart to mend.

Good luck!

• Just keep your mind busy, working extra hours, hanging out with your friends, clean the house, do yard work, exercise!! You'll get over it easier if you don't sit around miserable dwelling on it.

• I'm trying to get over an ex and i've went on dates with other guys and the whole time all i've thought about is my ex and when the other guys have texted or rang me I've just been wishing it was my ex. I know its just a time thing. Have to let time move us along and hopefully the missing of him will ease but no the dating doesn't work while the feelings for the ex are still there. It's not fair on yourself or on the ones you are dating

What Guys Said 1

• Yep. Number one she's not your ex. I know it sounds weird but it really makes a difference. Think about your best friend from kindergarten. You probably remember them but may not hang out with them anymore. You don't call them your ex friend. That's just (insert your old friends name) we were friends back in kindergarten. Do this girl the same way. She's not your ex she's just a girl you dated. She's ____, we dated a while ago. I noticed this when my dad talked about the girls he used to date. He would never say that's my ex it was just I dated that girl before I married your mom. Or I used to be married to that woman. And had no problem continuing on. As long as you keep saying your ex your gonna feel a sense of connection. Like your mom or your dad. Those people have a permanent position in your life. But it's not real it's just how your brain thinks about it. The your triggers the thought that you and this person share a connection that is unique and still binding. Your car your house your family. Our brains aren't always the clearest things in the world. So think she's not my ex she's just a girl, a girl that you dated for a while. Second, accept it. You've gotta accept that time moves in one direction and at this moment you and that girl aren't together down the ride something may bring you back to one another but for now it's done. You've just gotta accept it. Third time. You've got to just give it time if you just dive into a new relationship all your gonna do is hurt someone either them or yourself. Take it slow and give it time. Good luck