Do you think people truly get over their first love?

Do you think people truly get over their first love? Even after months or years being apart? Or do you think feelings still linger?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think my first love is a great guy and until I hear something to change that opinion I will probably always think that, but we didn't want the same things in life and in the long run we would not have been happy together because he wasn't the one for me. Did I love him when I dated him? Hell Yes! Did I want to break up? No, but by that point the writing was on the wall so even though he broke up with me I think I knew it was going to happen. Would I date him again? No cause I already know he isn't the guy for me and it would be settling for both of us. I don't know if this helps at all but when you live the life you want to live you start to appreciate people for what they are instead of longing for what they could have been. Every disappointment brings us the opportunity to find something better than we could have imagined :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I jink people get over things at different rates. Some don't. Depends on how close you were to them.

Like for me I have only ever had crushes on girls which led nowhere, and never had really close friends or strong relationships in any aspect of life, so everybody UA easy to get over

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I think you still remember them... and the memories but the pain associated with things ending becomes more bearable.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You might not forget, but you most definitely do get over them. If I seen her now, & she wanted to try again, I wouldn't even consider it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. I don't think there is anything to get over once you grow up a bit but if it is special enough I do not think you forget. I also believe you can always explore the possibility to be with each other again years later.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes