What are the reasons of the increase at divorce rates?

People love each other. Get together and get married. And öne day something happens and the dream ends. What causes this? And why do the divorce rates increase un european continent but not un Islamic countries?

Updates:
And if yolu had one , would you share your divorce experiance with us

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The roots go back to Feminism, which pushed for much more liberal divorce laws (among other things). Few here realize that in the 1950s and before, it was extremely difficult to get a divorce - judges only granted them in cases with exceptional evidence, and often only with church consent. And being divorced came with a big social stigma, of the type that you'd only get today if you were a known pedophile or something. Even a p*rn scandal isn't nearly as big a scandal today as a divorce was before the mid-60s.

Thus, getting married in the first place was taken MUCH more seriously in terms of compatibility and the expectation to work together and find solutions, than it is today. Now, people's attitude is: if I get married, and it doesn't work out, I'll just get a divorce, so why care much if we are really compatible?

There are other contributing factors, but that is by far the largest.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• They rush into getting married without being sure who they are falling in love with. You will NEVER truly get to know someone even if think you do know them. Selfishness, lack of communication, effort & lose interest in each other. Some really hate each other after they are done and some get along but as friends and lose their love for each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. money issues
    2. sex/affection issues

0|0
    0|0
    • Very simple reasons to destroy everything

• Sexual compatible is everything and simple in no way shape or form.

Money, though I don't care for it, is also no simple thing. A man without means will suffer greatly in the romance department. A man with less money than a women is in for disappointment.

• Secularisation in western countries.

0|1
    0|0
    • Media making divorces normal with celebrities divorcing, re-marryingm

• 1 Selfishness, lack of fidelity
    2 Obsession with money or other possessions that can be earned from divorce

It bums me out to hear people calling marriage just a contract or something almost business-like... when I was little I used to be so excited to find someone to marry. Now it's dying and so many people look down on it. It's kind of depressing.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Change, nothing stays the same. The idea that one human will only ever be with the one they marry to me is the thinking of a fantasist. Is it possible? Obviously. Is it a good bet? I don't think so, but then again 50/50 odds are better than any of the games Vegas has to offer.

Why can't people just live and love? Marriage is nothing more than the paper and ink used to print the license in my book. Oh and a bloody fortune to get out of too, let's not forget that part.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are no longer bounded by the absurdity of religion and is free to make decision as an individual not as a sims that can be deleted by the creator because they've been "bad"

0|0
    0|0
    • Not related with the question

• Show All
    • And even within Catholics, Traditionalists are different from Novus Ordo Catholics.

• Well that's the problem ain't it?
      When you look at the studies , often there's two extremes in the lowest divorce rate groups.
      You have your DIE HARD religious types such as the catholics and the Mormons and the Muslims who think marriage is a life time commitment and divorce is NOT accepted by god. They persevere through hardships through the "love of god" and wait for the moment of disagreement to fade.

You then have your atheists who went into the marriage through thorough logical reasoning and tend to solve their differences through rational conversations and mediation.

Then you have the inbetweeners who believe but don't believe Jesus is literally talking to them , those who practice logic but don't practice enough to be able to suppress their emotions and talk it through logically.

https://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Then again I'm no psychologist, just a theory of mine.

• People see it easier to give a divorce. Patience is lost now. And they don't want to resolve the issues. That's why

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends... I think just the idea marriage for life isn't as big any more...

0|0
    0|0
  • women trying to clip their men's balls

0|0
    1|0
  • It is more socially acceptable to get a divorce in some places, and divorce laws are very different in some countries. Those two things together creates an environment where it is easier to just give up on your marriage, than to work things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminism is more widespread in the US and Europe, hence higher divorce rates than in non-feminist dominated countries (the Islamic ones).

0|1
    0|0
    • I think in some ways it is related with capitalism

• People in the west are less likely to take marriage seriously nowadays.

• Yes and it is too bad.. Destroys society... Kids grow up without seing their dads ör mums

• The lack of stigma attached to divorce. If divorce was acceptable back in the day like it is now there would not be an increase.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes