Why are guys such douchebags?

So... This is my third "real" break-up...
And again the idiot starts ignoring me...

I lived with this guy for half a year, and it KILLS me that he doesn't have ANY respect for me at all...

He broke it off over the phone while I was on vacation, all my stuff where at his dads, so he threw them all out on the street and when I arrived he sat in a car and was like: "Here's your stuff, I gotta go"..

We go in the same class, and he's such a douch!

Just yesterday he asked my friend if I was seeing anyone..
"Because I want to be the first one to find a new girl"

As if he hasn't fucked up enough for me?

WHY ARE GUYS SO STUPID?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's a tip you've probably heard before. DON'T DATE ASSHOLES.

I know it seems obvious but clearly women like you have not taken the message to heart.

If you want a guy who treats you nice, date a nice guy, not an asshole.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• finally it's your fault that you already mentioned
    "he has no respect for me" but still kept going even tho you can see the red flag.
    I rate your question as a rethorical question

0|2
    0|0
    • I didn't keep going.. I saw red flag, and then he got to break it off first, because I was going to break up with him when I saw him face to face!

It just really hurts to be treated like shit

• Show All
    • We lived together for half a year :o
      And we were together for about 11 months.. So not the longest relationship ever, but it was serious!

• I know a ex couple who were together for 1,5 years and he leaded her on all the time. strange thing I think this really is a long time together and you found out he changed after you started living together. he must be not rdy to commit or found out you were not his type.. after so long. so you wasted one year, you want to keep going for guys, go feminist or go lesbian now that you got a douche behind you?

• If you're dating guys who treat you with no respect and generally treat you poorly, then you clearly need to evaluate why you are attracting and getting into relationship with such low quality guys. It's easy to label all guys as being the same, but that thought process is simply going to lock you in a vicious cycle.

It's easy to point the finger outwardly towards others instead of realizing that we may well our own worst enemies at times.

0|2
    0|0
  • Why are girls such bitches?

something... something... something...

WHY ARE GIRLS SO STUPID?

@Teenagedirtbag

Do you get my drift?

0|2
    0|0
    • I do.. and I'm really sorry, I'm just tired of all the guys that I've dated are turning into complete assholes..
      And I don't get it, because I poor my heart and soul into my relationships, without being needy.. :(

But I love boys.. I just hate douchebags :( I'm sorry

• No problem I understand your feelings and you have been very unlucky for sure.

• Sounds like you are picking the wrong ones. Maybe look at the image you portray and the class of guy you are attracting.

Not all guys are like this. There must be a reason he's breaking up if he's not leaving you for someone else. He sounds angry. There must be a reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • He sounds like an asshole, be happy he's gone, you dodged a bullet.

And not all guys are like that, I assure you - not that I've dated guys before.

1|0
    0|0
  • You attract, and are interested in, dirtbags. It isn't all guys, it's just the guys you pick out of the guys interested in you.

If someone doesn't respect you, you can't teach them to respect you without changing who they are. Are you willing to put in the time to do that, knowing that he's likely to grow to hate you for it?

Find a man who by default respects people. He'll respect you. A quality guy doesn't need to be taught to respect you. He does it without asking, without an excuse or any reason, no ulterior motive. He doesn't want anything in return for being nice to you, because being nice is just what you should do.

You are attracted to douchebags. You look at all the guys who like you, and pick the douchebags over the nice guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cuz you a bitch lolololol

But yeah I agree with you on some point, I didn't like hanging out with other dudes as often because most of them we're compete shitheads. That seems to have changed a bit in college, but only a little bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny that he's the one to blame, but you picked him and put up with it for so long.

0|3
    0|0
  • I agree and have no idea. It must run somewhere in the gene pool. -.- Right next to the Neanderthals jafeel?

0|0
    0|0
  • why are guys so stupid? I think the question is why are the guys you seem to come across so "stupid"?

I think typically in these cases, frequent relationships with bad guys, there is an underlying trend that we can identify. I'm not trying to say it's your fault, but try reflecting on the similarities among the guys you've dated and maybe consider a new strategy in terms of meeting and dating guys. maybe change what you look for or at least be aware of signs that guys you are meeting may be similar to guys you've dated in the past

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Not all are douchebags, don't generalize, you just had the bad luck to run into one that makes it seem like that :) He seems rude and childish, so just ignore him and deal with your life. I'm sure you'll find another guy that will be lucky to have you. You dodged a bullet with this one

1|2
    0|0
  • in the future there will be even more douchebags, sit and watch. this is what women have done, not men.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes