Should I remove my ex from all social media or will it look too spiteful and immature?

My ex broke up with me in a douchey way and I was hurt and pissed. Should I remove him from Facebook and Twitter? I don't want to look like a spiteful child here but I also don't want to get FB updates about his life. I removed myself from his mailing list (he's an artist so he sends out email blasts when he has shows) but that's it. What do you think?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe shooting him a message and let him know whats up could clear things up before removing him. or if that doesn't work maybe try and mute his posts? I don't know if this is possible but it should be

• If I told him I wanted to sever contact, do you think he'd be surprised that I'd block him though? I feel by blocking him , that I'm giving him the satisfaction of knowing that I really cared for him, you know what I mean?

• So maybe I shouldn't block him - walk away silently and with dignity.

• well to me it would depend on the situation. but I would make it come across as that you dont have time to have him on your friends list, or say that since you guys don't talk there's no point in having him as a friend on fb. You don't need to wait for a reply you can just block him after. And by knowing that you'd give him the satisfaction already makes you a winner and a better person

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're worried about coming across as spiteful and immature, just click on 'Following' on his FB profile so you stop receiving status updates. But you can just remove him, and send him a calm, respectful message explaining why, just to give yourself space, etc. and then possibly re-add him when you've moved on if you feel like it, and if he feels like accepting the request. But I wouldn't recommend BLOCKING. That is kind of petty, in my opinion. Hope this helps.