Not sure how to fix things with my ex, help?

My ex broke up with me 3 months ago. We talked off an on for a little bit before I finally decided that I needed to move on without her. She was very upset and it led to a big fight and me saying some regrettable things. We had not talked in a little over a month before I finally texted her the other day. It was a normal conversation and we just kinda caught up. Although it was good, I felt like there was sort of an elephant in the room. The conversation went late and she ended up falling asleep. We haven't talked since then. I just want to be on good terms and anything more is just a bonus. I feel like this was a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure if it is something that needs to be talked about or can just be assumed? Also, I don't want to bug the crap out of her, but since she is a girl and under the circumstances, should I be the only initiating the conversation? I talked to one my friends and she said that she may be holding out for an apology so even if she wants to talk to me she will wait for me to initiate the contact. Any girls have any idea what she may be feeling or expecting from me?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say apologize if you want to keep talking to her, but in all honesty I don't think you should be - only because the breakup is still fresh (even after three months) and it will only cause more fights. I would be friendly but also mantane a distance that way you can both really move on before becoming friends. Trust me trying to be friends too soon never works out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its best you apologize to her bro,