Worried about ex boyfriend?

We were together for almost two years and we loved each other very much. He was very romantic and did everything for me, but I broke it off because I'm not physically attracted to him. I know that sounds harsh but it's an important part of a relationship. Anyway, about a month ago I finally decided that I have to break up with him and I did. When told him he didn't even look at me, he just looked off to the side and when I finished explaining, he just turned and walked off. We haven't talked since.

He is normally pretty antisocial, but lately it's been much worse. Although he normally studies all of the time (he's kind of a nerd), he sometimes goes to parties butI haven't seen him at any, he always sits alone in lectures, he just seems miserable. I tried to talk to him and he just walked away. He literally hasn't said a single word to me since before we broke up. I think he might be depressed. It was hard for him to let me in but eventually he did. How can I help him?

I didn't/don't want to hurt him. What can I do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously, you hurt his feelings very deeply. However, we each need to live our own lives. If you're not physically attracted to him, then you aren't and you probably won't be in the future. To him he may not understand that because he might be wondering why you even went with him at all then since you said he was your boyfriend, but now he's your ex. But you had to move on so you made the best decision. The best thing you can do is to try to stay friends with him even though he may not let you in. Just smile and look a him and say "Hi" at every opportunity without overdoing it. You'll never become his best friend because you'll both start having new interests. Time will heal his pain but you have to let him work that out his own way. No matter what you try to do "nice" for him, that will never take the place of being his girlfriend. If you can suggest to any of friends about his situation do so and ask them to friend with him and let him talk about his point of view. The one thing you're going to have to do it go your own way now and try not to take someone's heart that you're not attracted to physically. So get involved in some other good things now and start moving in another direction. He's not your boyfriend anymore nor are you his girlfriend. Make sure you don't discuss your relationship with him to anyone that'll twist it up and tell him their version of why you broke up. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• You hurt him for two years because you lied to him about being attracted to him. You shouldn't have went that long to figure it out. How would you feel if someone did that to you? I would shut them out as well. I think you need to apologies

What Girls Said 2

• At this moment o understand you dnt want to hurt him but you did and nothing you can say can change that at the moment.. he really needs time away to think clearly.. you obviously have been trying and he doesn't want to talk to you. My ex broke up with me and I cldnt understand he was so in love with me but trust issues got the best of him and I wld try to talk to him but he was so hurt he wld avoid everything I had to say.. time eventually passed and now him n I talk more.. now I'm trying to win his heart again

• I think slow and steady would be good for a guy like that. Just give him a call tomorrow and tell him your there for him ride or die like bad boys