I've been divorced for 2yrs, I currently have a boyfriend&I think that's totally okay, but why do I DREAD the thought of my ex getting a girlfriend?

I was married for 10yrs&divorced for 2yrs now, but I regularly "saw" my ex since our divorce, I do have a boyfriend now&stopped seeing my ex. Why do I obsess&DREAD the thought of my ex getting into a relationship? I feel like I'd die of heartbreak if he moved on! I'm not sure if it's subconsciously because I still love him&made a mistake? I definitely fear someone taking my place?( My young daughter's live w him during school) When divorce came up, he cheated on me&denies it to this day, with the occasional slip up of"I did it to hurt u, or did it to make u jealous, to get ur attention"I can't grasp why I think it's perfectly fine for me to have a boyfriend BUT totally not fine for him to get a girlfriend!!! He agrees&says he'll never move on, but considering he cheated...
From the outside, looking in, what do others see? Probably looks like I'm not over him? Is this normal?
Yeah, the boyfriend isn't someone I see myself with in the future, I dated him way back in HS I want something new&exciting! I think cuz I have children involved is why I feel the way I do! No one can ever replace as far as my daughters go! Thanks!
Hey "UglyGuy" what do I do next? Lol, I actually like ur opinion, I evaluated ur questions&need next step, thank you, u made a valid point!

35

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not fair. In the two years since the divorce, what steps have you taken for forgiveness of self and of him? You haven't moved on even though you have this new bf. Without truly wanting the best for your ex, you cannot move on inward even though you are trying to outwardly. Basically what I'm saying is, this journey is an inward one. it all is actually. and to be fair to the new guy, you must be honest and as stated below, focus on him. Turn the tables. ask yourself questions. and go from there. Hope this helps :)

• Awe. Im glad I could help :) Take the necessary step towards forgiveness, and you will be golden, no matter whicg road you choose :) Good Luck Lady!!! <3