Will he dump me for this?

I own a small business had it for almost a year. Its well broke. It takes about 3-6 years for a business to make it. I think he is starting to realize that the shop isn't making it right now. Do your think he will leave me. Were talking marriage but who wants to take on a wife who makes no money just debt. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he dumps you for that, you're better off without him hun. When you love someone you stick to them in good times and specially in bad times when they need you the most. My wife told me one day she wanted to start up her own business which meant that we'd have to live with my salary alone, we thought about it and she did it. First year was really hard, but 3 years later she owns a small company, 6 employees and making as much money as I do.

If he doesn't stick... he's not for you hun.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on how much he was counting on you turning a profit with your business. If he makes a lot of money himself and doesn't mind you being a housewife it'll probably be fine. If he's flipping burgers and struggling to pay rent it could be a problem.

1|0
    0|0
    • he makes money but i am sure he doesn't wanna have a non profit wife

• I'm sure he'll understand.

• hopefully, he lives a pretty fancy lifestyle.

• Men aren't usually as mercenary as women. Your assets and income won't be big factor. As long as you're not draining him too much financially in the short term, he'll be happy to wait for the long term benefits.

Very few women would ever do that. Most would leave instantly, if there wasn't cash to splash or finances took a downturn. Men are different.

0|0
    0|0
  • If He Truly Wants To Be With You Then He Won't Leave, If He Does Leave You Then You Know He Was Not The Right Man For You, Just Tell Him The Truth & Hope For The Best, Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think he will. businesses come and go and im sure he was aware of such risks. he most likely factored all that in while making his decisions with you, about you.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks thats good to hear.

• No, he will not dump you for something so trivial.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt a guy would do that. That seems more like something a woman would do

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly. Women are far more mercenary than men. Women are never in for the long haul. If they can't cash it it in today, it's useless.
      Men can usually see the big picture and the future. They don't mind investing, and waiting for the rewards that come from it.

• maybe your right. I guess it scares me bc if i knew a guy was broke but wanted to get married, I would think we would have to wait.

What Girls Said 4

• If you have the potential to make money a lot of men will over look the fact that you ate temporarily poor. Just like men will date university students who don't have jobs. It's okay if you are working towards something but it all depends on him. He might or might not accept that.

0|0
    0|0
    • thats true. i think i just hate that i can't carry my own weight. I may get a second job.

• Your relation is about love or business? :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't project. Men like to feel like providers. They want to earn and prove themselves to the woman as capable, especially when they're in love. Some of them will even wish for the girl to stop working so they can take care of her.

The only way a man could go the other way and would leave you for not having money, is if he was never in love with you in the first place and was simply settling and mooching off of you.

1|0
    0|0
    • your right! he loves taking care of me.

Recommended myTakes