Help, how to get over someone?

I need people's views on how to get over someone. For me, it's been a significant period of time, 4 years to be exact and I'm still heartbroken. I'm doing better than 4 years ago obviously, but there are still moments where I feel the crippling emotional pain that I did back then. I'm not really interested in other people, and if I am it doesn't last long at all, not long enough to pursue anything. I feel like I look for him in everyone and I'm drawn to things that remind me of him.

I feel like I'll never really be 'me' again. Is there anything I can do to get over him?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe get professional help? You might be obsessed with the whole thing and closure is not something easy to get. Maybe find someone who kicks out of it, new bf or sth? if you're not ready for that (and trust me, that's ok even if it's taking that long), have you tried talking to your close friends about it?

• I don't really speak about it at all, I just try to get on with things, but then something happens to remind me of him and I realize I'm not over it.

• Getting over someone is never as easy as talking it out. It takes time, and support, and clarity that one never has in those moments. If you feel like talking, just reach out to someone. I'd be glad to listen if you want to talk :)

Most Helpful Girl

• how long did you date this person for? how did it end?

• Together 4 years, he moved to another country. We tried to do long distance for a while but it just never worked.

• Oooh you poor thing :( you never got closure it seems.. but i guess he wasn't the one since after 4 years he didn't ask you to move with him. Do you still have contact with him?