Do you give people you broke up with second chances?

*I take the philosophy "if I wasn't good enough to be treated with respect the first time then what makes me good enough now, there are no second chances in my plans." What about your own views though, do you believe in second chances?

175

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like everyone deserves a second chance, but not if it's with dating. If you broke up once then there's no reason to try again and get into a giant game.

• Straight Up, 😉
      You speak words of truth!

What Girls Said 16

• No. No second chances.

• Oh hell yes I do !!! It's the saving mercy of humanity. Whoever philosophy is that probably doesn't have a vagina, penis, and/or heart.

The thing with chances... Is wether you have the same high expectation. Which makes you an idiot. The first time is high but if it gets messed with you hope for the best expect the worse. That's how we get really a broken heart

• No, I don't.

• I gave 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chances to the first guy.. But never again..

• Wtf are these poll options. If you want to trust someone, get a dog.

• Hell no

• Generally I don't like to look back... Something didn't work out for reason so it should be left like that

• I do and I don't, it depends on who I'm giving the second chance to but if it were someone I loved I'd give a few chances only because I'm stupid and selfish.

• i honestly don't know. Sometimes I might if I know that I can trust them and I know they're not messing with my emotions.

• There's something wrong with the poll option man.

• I gave twice. Regret it very much.

• It would depend on the feelings, if they were still there or if I had moved on

• No never. You only get once chance with me

• I personally haven't but I know someone who has and they broke up again. Do with that information what you will.

• If it doesn't work the first time, it probably won't work the second, third or sixth time. The only way 2nd tries usually work is if the reason for the original break up wasn't due to personal problems/issues in the relationship. Like if distance, family struggles, death in the family etc. caused the break up, I think there is a chance to make it work again.

• Depends perhaps on the reason for the break-up.
    But I recently met a guy, who told me that his long-term gf broke-up with him and that he wants her back.
    I found that strange, because if she made the consicous decison to leave a relationship and shared home, she must have her reasons...(but I had a crush on him, so it might be just me hoping for the final end)

On the other hand I met a couple that split after 30+ years of marriage. They got back together after a year and its working out.

I tell myself, I might be too proud to take someone back who left me, but knowing me, I guess if i am still in love with someone I would forgive them.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it depends on the situation to be honest. If the person has just had something major happen in their life like lost someone close to them others need to accept a bit of grumpiness and the person being snappy etc. But if it is over little things like someone being grumpy because they have not got their own way with something then they need to get over it. If say someone is grumpy because it is morning and they are still tired and got wet waiting for the bus or something then it is just not acceptable because everyone has to get out of their nice warm bed and go to school, university or work when we don't feel our best. It is not fair to take it out on others around you. It is also not fair to be mean and nasty to those around you if you are having a bad day because we all have our bad days but we don't all go around treating others badly. That is my view on it.

• I did once with a gf who I dated from my senior year in college through about halfway through my sophomore year of college. she cheated on me and I still felt a real connection so I gave her another chance. she didn't really do anything wrong but I could regain trust with her. ultimately I broke up with her for that reason.

I was fine with that decision especially looking back because she was bipolar at the time and her illness has gotten scarily worse, to the point that when I talk to her I'm pretty sure she has some dis-associative personality disorders

but her aside I wouldn't be against second chances but probably not after infidelity

• Second chances?

I believe in the saying "forgive but don't forget", the trust will never be the same anymore but i'll take my chances with people who treat me right from the start.

Trust is a two way street in any relationship - be it romantic or business partners or friends.

• I'd generally say no... but if I Reallly loved her that much then probably yes? It will most likely depend on the reason of the breakup.

• people do make mistakes and often and everyone does deserve a second chance... however, if you have broken up many times you both may wanna look at the reasons you broke up and see if there is a way to work through them or around them... if those issues are still relevant or were of such a nature as to preclude trust in the future, you may want to reconsider if you guys can really make each other happy...