Moving on from a cheating girlfriend?

I'd been with my girlfriend for 5 years and for 3 of those we'd lived together. We'd always talked about kids, marriage and pets etc.. We both loved each other very much and having had several relationships in the past I could really appreciate how different and special to me she was.

She'd had a few very short relationships but nothing serious and I was her first big relationship and real love. When we moved back home (we lived in Sheffield) she became very distant and started going to work earlier and coming home later. Sometimes she wouldn't be home until midnight and then she'd be out again early in the morning. I thought she was concerned we were in a rut so I suggested lots of this for us to do. We went cycling, swimming, to the pleasure beach, alton towers, a few zoo's (she loves rides and animals) we even went on holiday to Newquay to surf and go to the festival.

We came home from our holiday on the Monday then on Tuesday she went to work and didn't come home until 2am. At about 12:15pm I was getting concerned as she hadn't texted back or answered my calls so I fired up her Mac to go on find a phone because I was worried she was hurt. When I loaded it Facebook was open and she had messages from a guy she had never mentioned. I'm sure you can all imagine the rest... I found out she'd been cheating on me for 2 months. Personally I'm 23 and have just graduated university and she's 21 and in the same position. He was 24 with 2 children ( 3years old and 11months) both with the same women who he was with up until our holiday.

I confronted her and she lied. She broke up with me saying it was nothing to do with him. Then after going round to his the next day (only recently found that out) she ended it and said she made a mistake and wanted me back. We tried working through it but she wouldn't leave her part time job or stop seeing him. She said they didn't talk but he even messaged me telling me to back off! Even though she was MY girlfriend.

We've separated now and basically I wanted to understand how this happened! Why did she do this? Why did she not care? I never mistreated her and I literally did everything I ever could for her.
Now Anyone else willing to offer an opinion? Report

32

Most Helpful Girl

• She is a selfish whore who doesn't deserve any tear. If she wants some other dick, alright but break up before. Cheating is a no no, and you eveb gave her another chance and she was not trying to change anything. What a whore. Find a girl that deserves and really loves you