Does this mean my ex has moved on already?

My ex and I broke up 3 weeks ago. It was more or less mutual, and the reason is because "it just wasn't working out." He was gone the whole summer at camp... he wanted to call it a break while he was away. For this same reason he hooked up with a girl several times during the course of his trip, and we spoke maybe once a week. When he came back he was "super ready" in terms of jumping right back into our relationship; he claimed he didn't feel as strongly for me as before he left, but he definitely wanted to reach that point again. However, the course of the summer pained me too much to act normal about things no matter how much I tried. This caused tension, and after 2 weeks we split because I was unhappy and he was incapable of giving me what I wanted. Now, 3 weeks later I have my first real conversation with him. He approached me for the first time since the breakup after not initiating ANY sort of contact with me. He asked me how i've been/what i've been up to... we had a decently normal conversation until it strayed in a more serious direction. He basically ended up telling me that he's spent these 3 weeks "reevaluating" and focusing on what's important in his life, such as his friends and acting differently with them. He told me he feels less and less for me, and that he's come to terms with the fact that our relationship wasn't working out. He said we can be friendly with each other and talk about common interests, but avoid deep/serious conversations. When I told him I still have feelings for him, he said he didn't wish to lead me on/hurt me any further and that being friendly would only hold me back from moving on. Eventually when I said that I just hope our relationship meant something, he said it did but that he feels uncomfortable talking about that sort of thing. So that's where the conversation ended (on a pretty lame note). Does all of this mean that he's more or less moved on? Did I make myself appear too vulnerable? What can I take out of all this?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• He has moved on and I think it would be good for you to do the same. Easy for me to say.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• you did nothing wrong he was not ready for a serious relationship he wanted to have fun and thats what he did he was not at all thinking about you or your feelings doing the stuff he did i wouldn't hold on to a guy who hooks up with multiple women and puts me last on his mind when he has no one else to talk to or bored let him go because how he treats himself for him to just do anyone and multiple girls is a red flag and a turn off has some self respect to get to know the girl before doing that then he says a whole lot of stuff to you and ends up going back on his word and this isn't something to overlook if it was multiple people he does not sound like a winner here but in the end you half to look at it as yeah im done with him because i deserve a guy who is honest and upfront about what he wants and has enough respect for himself and me to be honest to me instead of leading me on and treating me like i was nothing when i did more then those girls did please take the time out to see you deserve better then him and that you will find better i think when everyone goes through a breakup they end up finding better the next time around the only time a person doesn't find better is when there ex did most of the work in the relationship for them and when you go out looking for better you end up worse thats why people shouldn't take good people for granted and in this case you did nothing wrong to him he made poor choices and he should feel bad for them because he end up hurting you by thinking of himself if he's doing this to you he's doing this to others to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes