Did you feel better/did you regret it?

I have been dating this girl for 1 year and 10 months now. Our relationship went from okay (first started dating, things were "decent") to rocky (for 4 months she treated me like trash, never thanking me for what I did for her, and simply taking me for granted) to excellent (everything was perfect for a good year!) to what it is now... rocky again.
When we were in the "excellent phase" (honeymoon phase I suppose) she was kind, sweet, caring, did her best not to do things that she knows annoy me, tried to take care of me when I was sick, would go out of her way to visit, etc.
For the last few months this has changed: She still shows love and affection when I'm around her, but doesn't make as much of an effort to visit me like I used to do with her (I stopped since she did; I saw no point in wasting gas if she wasn't going to reciprocate). When we get into a fight/argument, she remembers everything that bothers me, and uses them against me. She refuses to admit her faults. She finds ways to blame something she did, on me. If something upsets her, I don't do it... ever. If something upsets me, I ask her not to do it, but often times she will (she genuinely tries not to at times).
If she tells me something I am doing bothers her, I will stop doing it... the problem is, she will start doing it to me. For example, I used to get annoyed when it took her hours to respond to a text. She would get annoyed at me for being annoyed, so I simply stopped making a big deal out of it. Last week I responded late to her text (I was sleeping) and she got mad at me... then started ignoring me for the rest of the day.

I'm fed up now, and considering moving on and finding someone else. My biggest fear is that if I end things with her, I won't be able to find someone and I'll regret it.
How did your break up's feel afterwards? Was it easy to move on and find someone else?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds kind of like my fiancĂ©

• She does, or I do? How do you put up with it?

• I'm sorry to hear that. I think you should break up. It's better to be alone than miserable with someone that's supposed to build you up, not break you down.

• Thank you for the advice, and I agree.

Most Helpful Guy

• "My biggest fear is that if I end things with her, I won't be able to find someone and I'll regret it."

Most guys feel like this, especially if it's their first break up.

All i can tell you is, it's a false fear. Just like the fear you had at one time that you'd never find a girl friend, ever.

A lot of guys with more experience hooking up with girls, find that the best way to get over a girl and get rid of this irrational fear, is to go out and have sex with another girl ASAP. It convinces you that there are other girls out there who will find you attractive and nips this irrational fear in the bud.

Since you seem to be still in early days (first relationship) I doubt that's an option for you.

All I can tell you is that your fear is unfounded. Have some respect for yourself, dump the girl, and have some pride that you weren't walked on, you dumped her and not the other way around.