How long does it take to get over an ex girlfriend?

People mean a lot to me and she left me for another guy out of the blue ended it over the phone. I now see her at my college in the cafeteria and then I think about her actions and it makes me sad and then I reminisce and remember all her dirty deep down secrets I know about her and the type of person she really is when there is controversy. I do not want to think so negatively, but she won't even talk to me as a friendly gesture. I would talk to her, but I can't based on how it ended How long does it take before I don't even give her a second thought and how can I make this situation more positive? Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks again

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That happened to me. It's been almost a year since the break up, and I don't know if I'm completely over him yet haha I think right now, though, it's really important to focus on yourself. After I was broken up with, I got busy and that helped me tremendously. I got more involved with cheerleading and became the captain, finished my senior year as valedictorian, was crowned prom queen, got a job, started working out, went shopping more (lol this one was fun, but I spent a lot haha), started eating healthier, etc. It helped me not focus on him and missing him. And I don't mean focus on yourself like become overly conceited or anything, but you need to do what's best for you. I think you'll get over her faster than I will though, because he's still pretty active in my life. We have mutual friends and hang out in groups together. I actually saw him three days ago haha it's just a problem because he'll act like he likes me again, but then he'll outright stop talking to me for a little bit all while dating someone else. But her being separate from your life is a good thing in the long run. It hurts now, but it'll help in the healing process. I also think accepting the fact that they're dating someone else helps. But if you have any more questions, feel free to message me! I'll do the best I can to help :)

0|0
    0|0
    • It does not hurt me. I would just like to be able to mend some kind of relationship such as a short conversation every once in a while. And I do not message random people. =)

• Do you think she'd be open to a short conversation if you just stopped her in your college hallway or something like that? Just to be like, "Hey, I know thing didn't end that great.. I just want you to know that there aren't any hard feelings... I just want to be okay with each other... etc." Just being really light about it, kind, showing forgiveness. I don't think that'd be over stepping any type of boundaries, and if I was her, I'd really appreciate it. I'm one of those types of people where I don't like having bad blood with anyone and have actually had that conversation with my ex, and it worked. But yeah, I'm very random, so that's understandable haha

• I do not like bad blood either, but unfortunately the ball is in her park. I can not approach or start the conversation, she has too. Also, she is the type of person that just runs away from her problems, so she tries to avoid me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• To be honest this happened to me there is no exact date you will always hold the memories as hear a song that remind your of her but I'll tell you there will come a day when you find someone new or you will look at it and be like woah was I crazy I love that person to death but Look what I went though and it will be kinda a relief and you will feel happy vein out doing stuff with out her and that's when you know you made it to the other side ! And when you can drive as not tear up when a song that reminds you of them comes on the radio ! Good luck ! I understand how it is !

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, well I do not tear up and I am relieved I am no longer with that person. And I am happy doing stuff without her.

• Show All
    • Yes, but every time I see her, I still think about the mean person she was and I do not want to look at her from such a condescending viewpoint.

• Well then that will have to come from with in eventually it' will change

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes