Why does my ex keep calling me? Help.

I'll try to keep this short.
Me and my guy recently broke up because I am moving back home to go back to school. (It's like 12+hours away)
I really want to get my life together (we're both 20), and he wants me to stay so I can be with him, but the only reason I stayed here was for him and I felt like I was putting my life on hold for him. I love him so much but I have to be selfish with my life.
He told me to delete him off everything and to 'fuck off'... so I did. I let him go, but now he wants to call me all the time. I'm flying out on Friday and he told me that after I leave, he is never going to speak to me again. So I ignored his first call tonight... and he sent me a few text asking why I wasn't answering... still no response. I don't know what to do at this point, of course I want to talk to him, but it's so painful knowing that we have an expiration date. What should I do? Advice please.

20