I cut off my ex/best friend and know I did the right thing so why am I still upset about it?

Yesterday, I cut off my ex because he told me he had nothing to say and was too busy to deal with this "stuff" from a text I sent him the night before that he ignored about how I didn't like how he was treating me and I was done with it. We broke up almost five months ago and we were the best of friends when we dated. We agreed to stay that way when we broke up but I didn't like how he was treating me the past few months and in the past when I tried talking about it, he would just say get busy to distract yourself and to let go of the past (though I didn't want him back) and he begged me to stay his friend and to not listen to my friends' advice because only we know what's going on. I held on because he was my best friend, the first guy I could fully be myself around. He told me he would always want me around because I was the only girl who could ever handle his weird sense of humor and his bullsh*t.

But what hurt me is that he didn't seem to care at all when I recently tried to talk things out with him. After he said all of those things to me. I think he might have been mad that I have been ignoring him most of the time for the past two weeks but I didn't know what else to do but I know I can't make excuses. He would act like nothing was wrong. I know I did the right thing by cutting him off because I now realize he wasn't the best boyfriend so why am I still extremely upset and crying over him? I miss him terribly though it's been a day.

10