Why do I still miss my ex after nearly 2 years - surely I should be moving on now?

Together for nearly 6 years and split (still speak occasional)

51

Most Helpful Guy

• Was a long relationship man, so guess now you miss how close ya were and having that part of ya life go would be a huge change... the fact ya still talk now and then gives ya glimpses into what ya had i guess, making it harder.

but it will pass :)

What Girls Said 5

• 6 years a long time so its gonna take a while to move on, who ended it? Some times people we love stay in our hearts always, but i think when you still have contact with an ex , it does take longer to move on, i thought id never get over an ex took me four years but i have moved on and can honestly say im over it and happy, time eases pain, so you have to be patient with yourself and try not to feel you have a time limit on getting over someone, do you still love you ex and does your ex have someone else?

• It's normal. My first and i broke up almost 3 years ago now and I still love him. We don't talk but we have mutual friends and seeing a picture of him still makes me feel weird. You just have to ignore how you feel about them.

• Stop speaking with her or you'll never get over her. Don't stay friends

• I know - its true! I'm the one always making the contact anyway so you are right!

• Is she still available and you are available+ you still have feelings, why don't you try it out again?

• I can't help gays.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!