Will he find it annoying or just nothing?

Well, I have a friend who is kind of close to me but we kind of drifted apart, we just suddenly stopped talking , haven't heard from him and I haven't talk to him for 9 months and it's his birthday today, I greeted him a happy birthday, will he be happy about it or find it annoying?

Don't know the reason why we stopped talking, nobody makes the effort anymore.

Sighh. I just want to greet him because we had good memories together as friends and I miss him but not anymore expecting a reply or something. I just thought of greeting him.

02