Should we tell her ex that she died?

So my friend and her ex had a relationship full of ups and downs and I wouldn't say they got along with each other, but they both wanted each other for a long time. She had told something about purging to him, but after that they stopped talking because things happened. He hurt her very much, and I guess so did she.

Her ed cause her a heart attack and she died yesterday. I don't know what to do. I'm devastated and on top of that, our friends insist that we tell her ex. Should we tell him? It's been like a year since they last talked to each other. I don't know what he has been thinking of her. Do you think he needs to know? What would you think/feel if you were him?

ed* eating disorder

62

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should tell. He should have a chance to mourn even though he may have done wrong. In the end they used to love each other.
    What a sad situation. Wish everyone lots of strength and courage in these difficult times.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am so sorry for your loss!!! i think you should talk to him bc as the others girl he was a part of her life her last love so he needs to know and attend to the funeral! but you need to tell him in a way like not blame him bc if you do then i dont know how he will be a able to cope with it... again i am so sorry!

• and if you dont mind me asking are you sure he was the reason she died? i ask this cuz you said the last time they talked was long ago..

• her ed. (eating disorder)
      she couldn't stop

• ok.. i understand now.. was she a close friend to you?