The best way to get an ex back?

My ex and I have been broken up for some time formally. But informally she's been "gone" since April. At the formal end of it, she said she made up her mind. So now I am giving her her space. Some friends think I need to make up my mind, if I keep going after her. When the house needed stuff done, I got it done for us. She also recognized that I have been making personal growth changes like expressing myself (which has been a problem). I got her some print outs of things important to her career (going back to school) which made her cry and she said felt loved.

Yesterday she asked to come by (we live in the same house but she moved to her mom's temp). We previously talked about me giving her space in the house to find her own place. When she came by she really pushed to get me out of the house because I had it for a month while she was gone. She was bitchy, but mostly stressed at her mom, I think.

I don't know, my heart is still feeling for her... but I feel like I can't show her how I feel? Is the best thing to do just to show how awesome I am doing?

11