Seeking reconciliation?

Broke up with my significant other after being in a 3 month relationship due to not wanting to get married right away which I thought was too soon. I felt at the time she was the one but I wanted to get to know her better and made sure that this would be a great decision. I wanted to know if we go through any hardships would we both stick through it and work it out. I mean let's face it, marriage is long term. Also, I wanted us to establish ourselves financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually before making the big move. The relationship ended abruptly through text because I didn't want to get married right away and she felt as if I was playing games with her even though I had a legitimate reason. The thought of her still haunts me because I care about her and still love her; I'm think about her a lot because really I want us to talk it out and possibly reconcile. Part of me was saying no and part of me said yes, what should I do?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• If u felt u treated her badly, only then u need to talk to her and sort it out. Otherwise, I don't think a girl who doesn't respect ur views will be a good partner to u. So, I think its good that she broke up with u at an early stage. If she is totally against the concept of taking it slow, it won't work out for u. U won't be happy anyway. She will keep pushing u throughout ur life.

I can tell this from experience coz my BF has similar views, and I'm totally okay with it. His style of thinking suits me very well.

• Thanks @Itsme_goodsamaritan, I know I definitely didn't treat her wrong. She mentioned at times of how much of a hard she gives me. I just didn't understand the rush. I guess things happen for a reason and who's to say if our relationship lasted after us being married with kids. The marriage idea was OK but she became impulsive and controlling about it about it. I always say, if a marriage is going to work, besides two people loving each other.. you still have to be stable all across the board... micro and macro. I always respect her views but she never quite agreed with mine and thought I was out to play games with her which I found to be downright wrong of her to think. But you're right, I just hope i can find someone I can be on the same page with one day.

• Thanks for the MH :)

I think its definitely her loss. All u wanted was to make a mature and informed decision. In the beginning of my current relationship, I did put pressure on my BF just like that girl (guess girls are very similar). But I backed off when I felt he was just being mature, and not trying to avoid me. I'm happy I did this coz I still have him in my life and I'm much more calm, secure, and strong thanks to him :D

Hope you find all the happiness you deserve in ur life, all the best!