Why is cheating the end all when it comes to relationships?

After someone cheats, they're regarded as scum of the earth and not worthy of happiness. I knew this guy one time. Very nice person. Haven't kept up with what he's done lately but he's a good person regardless, and I can't really say that for much people. Had a wife and dedicated most of his life to a homeless animal shelter, finding them homes and always being a very stand up guy. Dude cheated on his wife. I'm not gonna try to sit here and defend him because personally, cheating is kinda fucked up, but when you take it to the level that other people do, it's the worst possible thing you can do to someone next to raping them and pillaging an entire village.

It makes no sense.

cdn3.whatculture.com/.../frust10.gif
Would feel appreciate for some insights.

124

Most Helpful Girl

• Because when someone cheats, its like what did I do wrong? Why am I not good enough? You said you loved me, how could you hurt someone you love? it destroys trust and it hurts, it hurts sooooo incredibly much that it takes every inch of your strength to not break apart, and it doesn't stop hurting no matter what the person does, sure you can forgive them and choose to stay and work it out, but that thought is forever in your mind, it sits there like a toxic bug that you can't squish, its all you see when you close your eyes to sleep at night, is the one you love doing that stuff to someone other than you, and you destroy your brain trying to comprehend why they did it, and what they were thinking which obviously wasn't thinking of you, then you get paranoid that whenever they are alone, its what they are doing again, and again, and again. Take it from someone who is experiencing all of this at this very moment. I discovered my bf cheated, twice within 3 weeks that I was away, one of which was no more than 3.5hrs before I was due to arrive at his place by bus, and I chose to stay and try to work it out, and its not easy I can tell you.

• I know its hard to dump him when you are the one who is being cheated on, and I know that if you dumped him, he can simply find other girls to fuck with, but then again, what he did to you was very unfair, and you considered being dumped by him if take a look at it. He is a betrayer and a cheater, and you shouldn't stick to him ever again, its very unhealthy for you, so you MUST leave him now! I swear to you that he WILL do it again!

If I were there, I would fucking drag him out of your house, and beat the ahit out of him for you. I know violence is not the way. People like him needs to learn how painful it is being cheated on.

So please I am begging you to leave that asshole!

• That is majorly fucked up.

Ironically he is pretty much doing the same thing just like his father. He shouldn't follow his foot steps, he should learn from him and not do it to YOU... How can you endure that kind of behavior? OMG Girl, please leave this guy alone, I feel sorry for you.. :\

• I guess its cos I am a stupid stupid girl and want to believe that people can changd