How do I convince my husband a separation is best for the both of us?

For years now our relationship hasn't been the same. He has been acting like a jealous ass for months now because he's less interested in sex where I'm more interested lately. I've never even looked at another man let alone cheat. I can't take the fights and accusations anymore. When I suggested a separation of course he accused me of just wanting to sleep with someone else. How do I convince him that we are better off just being away from each other for a while?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• don't separate this easily. you guys are married. you should see your relationship as one for a lifetime. therefor you have to WORK on things together than just take the easy road and leave him.
    right now, you're being selfish. you are not happy (which i dont blame you) but you cannot just leave him and throw away what you once promised.

tell him exactly how you feel. tell him that you want the guy back that you once were happy to get married to. do fun things together. travel, go on dates, refresh your relationship. people have their ups and downs. especially when you're together for a few years. couple counselling is a good option too.

i am a strong believer in marriage and i feel like once you promised, you should see it as a responsibility to make things work.

Being away from each other for awhile won't change anything. Well, maybe your sexual partners but that's it. To run away from probems never works.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I haven't come to this decision lightly, I've tried every one of those things and so much more, no matter how much I try its not going to work without any effort on his part.

• i agree, and trust me i feel the same way about marrage as you. respect that you could take his behavior and cheating for so many decades. i hope everything will work out for you. just let him see what he loses if he keps this going

• thanks for MH. I really hope you guys will make it work !