Why do guys tell you that they love you and then dump you for another girl the next week?

My ex now, we have been dating for a year, everything was fine. Suddenly out of nowhere, he said he wanted to stop talking. Then I of course controlled of my emotions begged him not to go. Then a week after that told me he met another girl. A girl way younger than me.

Why are guys like this... how can they switch so easily?

It's been three months now. He started to message me again. He says he like me, but likes the other girl as well. Why do they do this to themselves and to me?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, just because that guy did that, doesn't mean we are all like that. Maybe he wasn't so sure about how he felt towards you, so due to that confusion he developed some feelings for the other girl.

Most of the guys aren't like that, so please, don't generalize.

• I didn't mean like all men, just him. So I guess I should have said, " why is Bob like this?"

• You didn't have to mention his name, but you could've just said "why is my ex like this?". Us men feel kind of offended when women generalize, because most of them believe it's true, when it's not, and it affects men negatively.

• Bob isn't his real name, I'm just kidding since it's an typical name that everyone has.

What Guys Said 2

• Because all men are pigs, who will tell you they love you, just so that you'll stick around, but as soon as a prettier face comes around, he's going to dump your ass.

So were just all shallow manipulative liars.

• I've seen women do that too, it's more of human trait shared by players

What Girls Said 2

• I can't stand guys like that tell me about it. I had an ex that led me on and then left me like I was nothing and he is a player it was right in front of my eyes I don't understand how I could've been so blind he flirts with others girls, tells you words you want to hear. Well he can't have both of you he needs to make up his mind. My ex dated multiple girls while dating me at once he doesn't know what he wants in a girl or what a relationship is whatsoever so I understand where you are coming from. I don't understand why some guys are like that, maybe they just don't know what they want yet in life and who they want to spend the rest of they're life with.

• It's because he thinks you love him so much you would except the fact he wants ther girls it's like that saying he wants his cake and eat it to!!!