Is getting into a new relationship with someone before you are officially broken up with your ex considered cheating?

My friend was in a crap relationship with a very dramatic guy that she wanted to break up with... she took a really long time trying to break up because she wasn't sure how to do it in a way that avoided him causing a big scene. Even though I told her to just do it regardless and get it over with, it took her like 3 months and then after those 3 months she met a guy she wanted to start dating. She was not doing anything physical with her soon to be ex and barely even talking at that point, and the topic of breaking up had been brought up a few times, but she still got into a new relationship with the new guy before her and her ex were officially broken up. So they break up, a day later her ex finds out about the new guy, and so him and all his friends put her on blast for cheating. I didn't really think this was considered cheating, although she should have just ended it with the ex first, but I just wanted some other opinions on this? Was it or was it not considered cheating?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a little hazy but ultimately yes it was cheating. she should have sucked it up and just ended it with the first guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand one thing though: you say it took her 3 months to break up, and AFTER those 3 months she met a guy wanted to start dating. So they were already broken up when she started dating the new guy?