My boyfriend cheated and I don't know what to do?

I just found out that 6 months ago, my boyfriend had sex with one of my good friends. He kept it a secret he said because he didn't want to lose me. We had been together for almost 2 years and I broke up with him. I was so hurt. He wants me back and I don't know if I should move on or give him a second chance. He lied through his teeth to me for 6 months, but he was awesome. But he never did anything fun with me or take me on dates often. He shot me down for going to the zoo, prom, museum, picnics, etc. If it wasn't what he wanted he got mad.
  • you did the right thing
  • you didn't do the right thing

68

Most Helpful Guy

• I accidentally voted B when I meant to vote A.

You absolutely did the right thing. Cheating is bad enough on it's own, but to purposefully hide it and conceal it makes it that much worse.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find out?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He made the mistake of telling my best guy friend. Who told me. So I confronted him and he confessed

• Ah, okay.

Yeah I think you did the right thing. Trust has been demolished not only by his cheating (that'd be enough for me to completely drop someone on its own) but also by his LONG concealment of it.

You'll find someone better when you're ready.